New Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum so perhaps I can get good advice. Yesterday I purchased my DJI Phantom 4 Pro, I started taking baby steps in flying & so far I have to get used to the controller.

My question is how can I take those awesome cinematic shots that I've been seeing on YouTube? I've been told that I have to tweak the gimbal so I can smoothly pan & tilt the camera.

Also, how long would it take until I feel comfortable in flying over water, I live close to the ocean and I've been very tempting in snapping & recording the sunset.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 318
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

how can I take those awesome cinematic shots that I've been seeing on YouTube? I've been told that I have to tweak the gimbal so I can smoothly pan & tilt the camera.
You can find some tips on tweaking your gimbal/camera settings here and tips on taking cinematic shots here.

how long would it take until I feel comfortable in flying over water, I live close to the ocean and I've been very tempting in snapping & recording the sunset.
Flying over water is even easier since there are usually no obstacles to worry about.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

You can find some tips on tweaking your gimbal/camera settings here and tips on taking cinematic shots here.

Flying over water is even easier since there are usually no obstacles to worry about.
What is the hangup about flying over water. I learned to fly over water. Never had an issue...

People are scared of crashing into it. It's a legit fear. Most Phantoms crashed in the ocean will never be recovered.

Reactions: M1shootr
I do still get nervous over water, but most flights I do now are over sea water. The issue is a crash in the sea is almost certainly a complete loss, even if the AC is recovered the salt water will kill it.
A crash over land , at least you may get it back, and possibly not too much damage.
As others have said there are very few risks over water, almost no obstacles and few people.
Like you I live on the coast so this is the best place to fly.
Flight from where I live........

Reactions: Jmalvar919
I do still get nervous over water, but most flights I do now are over sea water. The issue is a crash in the sea is almost certainly a complete loss, even if the AC is recovered the salt water will kill it.
A crash over land , at least you may get it back, and possibly not too much damage.
As others have said there are very few risks over water, almost no obstacles and few people.
Like you I live on the coast so this is the best place to fly.
Flight from where I live........

WOW!!! impressive. Thank you for sharing.

Just got back from flying, got a little nervous because is very windy out (10-15mph). I feel that it'll take some time for me, because I just need to get familiar with the button and camera settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4