New Phantom 4 Pro came without the gimbal clamp.

If the foam piece was missing with no other evidence of use then I guess it's not conclusive, but I would call it a bit suspicious.

Little more evidence mine was a returned drone, It had a name already in the drone, the battery had one more charging than I could account for and the seal on the styrofoam box was not present. I am not greatly worried about it because it still seems new, My thought is that if it flew at all it was just a few minutes. The only concern is if the person landed hard of something.
Thoughts from the experts?

Little more evidence mine was a returned drone, It had a name already in the drone, the battery had one more charging than I could account for and the seal on the styrofoam box was not present. I am not greatly worried about it because it still seems new, My thought is that if it flew at all it was just a few minutes. The only concern is if the person landed hard of something.
If it flies OK then it's probably OK, but there's no way of knowing what did or didn't happen. Personally if I paid for a new product then I'd want a new product. Who was the vendor?

Reactions: Waternut13134
Well if you connect to the aircraft and the initial status screen and sensor status page says A-OK and there's no sign of damage then more than likely it is fine, and it's an individual call whether you want to return it for another or not.

Funny, I had the same issue, second P4P...1st was DOA...When I opened the box there was no gimbal clamp, just the foam piece. I was pretty upset-thinking it was another possible lemon, that was passed on to me.

Long story short, bird was NEW (had to activate it, before I could fly) so as you can imagine I was happy, but it took weeks and I mean weeks, to get a replacement. And mind you, they sent me a P4 clamp the first time...:confused:

If it wasn't for Blade Strike over on the RC forum, I would probably still be without one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31