New Phantom 4 not working with Air 2 (9.3.1)

does anyone know what the root cause is? Sounds like the GO app corrupting iOS somehow.... weird.

Not sure about corrupting, but it is clearly writing to files that are not removed when the app is deleted or the iOS device is reset over the air. Only a full reinstall of iOS seems to work. That seems wrong.

Just finished the long restore. I get a message that says"The iPad could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build." Could this have something to do with it being unlocked?

Still will not get past the How to connect window.

It also left me a link to this page

If you see Error 3194, Error 17, or 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build' in iTunes - Apple Support

This seems beyond suggestions for the consumer. I get the feeling I will toast this iPad if I hit the wrong key.

Last edited:
Just finished the long restore. I get a message that says"The iPad could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build." Could this have something to do with it being unlocked?

Still will not get past the How to connect window.

It also left me a link to this page

If you see Error 3194, Error 17, or 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build' in iTunes - Apple Support

This seems beyond suggestions for the consumer. I get the feeling I will toast this iPad if I hit the wrong key.

As mentioned on that support page - that error means that iTunes can't connect to the update server.

In case anyone is curious about the origin of this problem, it is not, apparently, restricted to DJI. It may affect any device that is connected to an iOS device via the Lightning/USB connector. For example, I use a Seek Thermal infrared module with my iPhone, and following an "erase settings and content" reset, that also failed to work with its app. A full iTunes restore also fixed that problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers