New Phantom 4 not working with Air 2 (9.3.1)

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new P4 and picked up an Air2 with updated software only to find out that the camera view cannot be initiated. Customer service in China says that the problem lies with the 9.3.1 OS of my iPad Air 2. Apple who sells the drone on their site has nothing to say. Seems a bit much to have this presented as a package at this point in time.
Anyone know what the issue is? The camera view works through my Samsung Galaxy G4 phone, but am also having unable to fly issues there. Hopefully get this sorted soon and I start getting a feel for flying this rather expensive camera.

Tips appreciated.

Customer service in China says that the problem lies with the 9.3.1 OS of my iPad Air 2. Apple who sells the drone on their site has nothing to say.

I'm running 9.3.1 OS on my iPad Air 2....

For clarity, are you saying you don't see any view from the camera on your iPad screen when you run the DJI Go App version 2.80?

Yes do a DFU restore on your iPad, I'm running 9.3.2 (beta release) on my Air 2 with no problems.

Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
Turn off the device.
Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.

And you've also tried another cable correct?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure what version of DJI Go App I am running, but did download it yesterday if that might be an indicator. My soft are on the iPad is 9.3.1(13E238). I only have the one cable (which is new) but should be able to borrow another one. Will look into the recovery reset. CAn anyone explain in easy terms what this means and why it is conflicting with DJI Go App?

CAn anyone explain in easy terms what this means and why it is conflicting with DJI Go App?

With everything powered up, I'm able to view what the Phantom 4 camera sees just fine through the DJI Go App 2.8.0, running on my iPad Air 2, with v9.3.1 OS.

With everything powered up, I'm able to view what the Phantom 4 camera sees just fine through the DJI Go App 2.8.0, running on my iPad Air 2, with v9.3.1 OS.
Just read a bit about DFU restore on an iPad. The Air2 I have is an unlocked version I bought second hand off CL. It was purchased last October. Might the unlocking have something to do with my problem? Will doing this restore put the functioning of this this unit in Jeopardy?

If you are able to see the firmware version is using the go app, within the "About" section, let us know what your RC and craft firmware version is. That might help us help you.

If it was me I would uninstall the go app and reinstall. If that didn't work I'd rebind the craft to the rc. However I would do these things only after I've confirmed the firmware is current on the RC and craft.

If you are able to see the firmware version is using the go app, within the "About" section, let us know what your RC and craft firmware version is. That might help us help you.

If it was me I would uninstall the go app and reinstall. If that didn't work I'd rebind the craft to the rc. However I would do these things only after I've confirmed the firmware is current on the RC and craft.
OK in general settings when I open About the only reference I see to firmware is Modem firmware 4.71.00.

I f I tap the DJI GO app in settings, I only see a choice for locations, photos (Give DJI access )and notifications. Still don't know how I see what version of DJI Go I downloaded yesterday. Wish I was better with computers.

Do the iTunes restore like i said.

There is a bug in with iOS firmware and dji go.

only doing the recover restore will fix the problem

Based on my recent experience, the advice to restore using iTunes is correct. That reinstalls iOS from scratch, which is the only guaranteed fix.

9.3.1 will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Based on my recent experience, the advice to restore using iTunes is correct. That reinstalls iOS from scratch, which is the only guaranteed fix.

9.3.1 will work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I can confirm this too. Restore via iTunes it was the solution for my iPad 2 mini with the same problem.

Very interesting! I have had zero problems with my new Air 2 and the P4 with DJI go app that I picked up on Ebay a month ago. So I am following to see whats up with this issue.

Very interesting! I have had zero problems with my new Air 2 and the P4 with DJI go app that I picked up on Ebay a month ago. So I am following to see whats up with this issue.

I had zero issues with my iPad Air either until it (and my iPhone 6) was wiped remotely and set up as new without using iTunes. The DJI Go app reinstalled and appeared to run fine, but it would not connect to the RC - the "How to connect" button never became the blue "Camera" button. A subsequent "erase contents and settings" didn't fix the problem. An iTunes "restore iPad", which reinstalls the entire iOS, did fix it.

Today my p4 quit working with my ipad pro. I just used it last night and all was well. Tried to bind to my p3 remote and the app does not recognize the remote. So, I tried another p3 remote still nothing. I tried a p4 remote that's never been used and still nothing. Then I tried my inspire 1 remote and success. Everything is on latest firmware. I deleted and re installed the app. Nothing. I reset my ipad still no go. Anyone else notice this?

It may have something to do with new installations since 9.3.1 came out. My IPhone 6s plus had to be replaced last week. I restored everything on my new iPhone and now I cant get FPV on my P4 or P3. I have reinstalled DJI go app 3 times. Tried 4 different cables. Alls I get is "How to connect" on main screen. Spoke to DJI customer support and all they said was there may be some issues with 9.3.1. They recommended resetting iPhone. I am in the process of doing this now.

I just did the iTunes reset and still have the same issues. My version of iTunes on my laptop is probably 4 years old as I do not like upgrading. Maybe I will upgrade the iTunes on the laptop and try again. Now I have filled the iPad with songs I do not want onboard . Not sure how to do this and not end up with these music files. More tips please!

It may have something to do with new installations since 9.3.1 came out. My IPhone 6s plus had to be replaced last week. I restored everything on my new iPhone and now I cant get FPV on my P4 or P3. I have reinstalled DJI go app 3 times. Tried 4 different cables. Alls I get is "How to connect" on main screen. Spoke to DJI customer support and all they said was there may be some issues with 9.3.1. They recommended resetting iPhone. I am in the process of doing this now.

You really need to read the replies above and elsewhere. This issue has been discussed in multiple threads. Deleting the app and reinstalling does not fix it. Resetting the iOS device does not fix it. You have to restore from iTunes. While the issue may be caused by 9.3.1, that OS still works fine if set up correctly.

I just did the iTunes reset and still have the same issues. My version of iTunes on my laptop is probably 4 years old as I do not like upgrading. Maybe I will upgrade the iTunes on the laptop and try again. Now I have filled the iPad with songs I do not want onboard . Not sure how to do this and not end up with these music files. More tips please!

When you restore an iOS device from iTunes you get to choose what is synced back to the device via the "Options" settings. I don't know what you mean by "reset". You need to choose "Restore iPhone...". If you are using an out-of-date version of iTunes then you need to upgrade.

When you restore an iOS device from iTunes you get to choose what is synced back to the device via the "Options" settings. I don't know what you mean by "reset". You need to choose "Restore iPhone...". If you are using an out-of-date version of iTunes then you need to upgrade.
Ok, have the latest iTunes installed and have chosen the restore iPhone option. Should be done in 36b minutes then we will see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie