New phantom 4 motor question

Reaction score
So I exchanged my p4 for a new one for reasons I don't want to get into. I haven't been able to get it up in the air yet since it's been windy here. My question is Do. I need to break in the p4 motors, battery, aircraft on first flight? Should I go easy on it, mostly hover and slow movements to break it in gently? Sorry if this is a dumb question. And thanks

So I exchanged my p4 for a new one for reasons I don't want to get into. I haven't been able to get it up in the air yet since it's been windy here. My question is Do. I need to break in the p4 motors, battery, aircraft on first flight? Should I go easy on it, mostly hover and slow movements to break it in gently? Sorry if this is a dumb question. And thanks
The Phantom is ready to go straight out of the box .. It's the new pilots that aren't.
Take it easy and don't get too adventurous too early.
Do your learning flights in a large, open area well away from trees, houses and other obstacles.

Reactions: CThruU
The Phantom is ready to go straight out of the box .. It's the new pilots that aren't.
Take it easy and don't get too adventurous too early.
Do your learning flights in a large, open area well away from trees, houses and other obstacles.

I live in the middle of the city, houses right next to each other with alot of PowerLines and street lights, so I'll probably calibrate the gps in the middle of the street and hover around 10 or 20 feet. Ive flown before since I own a p3a and this is my 2nd p4 bUT the thought came to me since I remember when I was on the Traxxas forum for rc trucks they were talking about breaking in the motors and batteries. I assume the p4 motors are brushless?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl