Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. KingDad1985

So I exchanged my p4 for a new one for reasons I don't want to get into. I haven't been able to get it up in the air yet since it's been windy here. My question is Do. I need to break in the p4 motors, battery, aircraft on first flight? Should I go easy on it, mostly hover and slow movements to break it in gently? Sorry if this is a dumb question. And thanks

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The Phantom is ready to go straight out of the box .. It's the new pilots that aren't.
    Take it easy and don't get too adventurous too early.
    Do your learning flights in a large, open area well away from trees, houses and other obstacles.

CThruU likes this.
  3. KingDad1985

I live in the middle of the city, houses right next to each other with alot of PowerLines and street lights, so I'll probably calibrate the gps in the middle of the street and hover around 10 or 20 feet. Ive flown before since I own a p3a and this is my 2nd p4 bUT the thought came to me since I remember when I was on the Traxxas forum for rc trucks they were talking about breaking in the motors and batteries. I assume the p4 motors are brushless?

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Yes. If you're interested, DJI has some details on the brushless motors here.

5. ussvertigo

I would take it easy until the first oil change.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

CThruU likes this.