New phantom 4 issue

Go app seems taking advantage of A8 architecture for video acceleration from hardware having video rendering performed by hardware instead Go app, meant beneficial to performance.

Not seen much information about this, if true, and if only supported with A8.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Video feed to your iPad mini and good display depends on many factors such as wifi interference, antenna orientation, iPad available processing power and space etc.

Go out to fields to avoid wifi interference or set a clear channel.

Stop all apps running on iPad, go for even airplane mode if needed, no wifi off..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
So you are saying, turn wifi off when flying with my iPad Air 2?

I bought a new phantom 4 yesterday. Read all instructions and watched many videos last night. Took the drone out for the first flight today and the video was great on my iPad mini. Took the drone out again this afternoon and the video keeps freezing and only showing a portion of it then it will come in full for a second or two then back to freezing and only showing a portion of it on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE

If you are shooting in 4k, have you tried 2.7k or 1080p? I had the problem of jerky movement
until I lowered the film settings with almost no loss or quality.

Anything Apple with the A8 processor works without a hitch

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have had several issues with my iPad mini 4. It seems to be on hot days. I wonder if it is running to hot??

I will see big portions of the screen go green. Even shows up that way in the editor in the DGI app. Looking at the same video from the SD card does not have this problem.

Can get hot. It's known. I avoid direct sun on it and no more cover, just sun hood.

Disable video caching in Go app does also reduce workload.

And ipad wise make youre you have disabled bakground services where possible, can help.

Last edited:
I have had several issues with my iPad mini 4. It seems to be on hot days. I wonder if it is running to hot??

I will see big portions of the screen go green. Even shows up that way in the editor in the DGI app. Looking at the same video from the SD card does not have this problem.

I use the iPhone 6 Plus and twice on hot days where the screen was also in the sun, it overheated and shut down. I now make sure I'm in shaded area so not to have that problem. I also put it in aeroplane mode.
If its doing it regularly might be issue with iPad?

I use the iPhone 6 Plus and twice on hot days where the screen was also in the sun, it overheated and shut down. I now make sure I'm in shaded area so not to have that problem. I also put it in aeroplane mode.
If its doing it regularly might be issue with iPad?

It only happened on 4 of 80+ flights.

Oh well it could be anything but probably heat related. I had 2 of 56 flights. As I said I'm just aware of that stuff now and even make sure all other apps are closed before I fly

i have the same issue here in Greece.Summerdays now ,when i m flying over the beach i have many issues (green screen and loosing image transmitions) but i think it is absolutely because of the high temperatures.They are 33-35 celcius but i think in the straight sunlight is almost 40+ celcius.DJI says operating temperatures are 0-40 celcius.When i m trying at the same place earlier in the morning or in the evening with cooler temperatures there is no problems.Many people here in Greece have the same issue.So i think in hot days above 35celcius do not fly.I use iphone 6s and ipad mini 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik