New Phantom 4 Drone

Reaction score
Hey, guys! This is my first post, so it is likely going to be fairly rusty. Hopefully, it all makes sense.

So, I recently just bought a phantom 4 drone, after previously owned a phantom 3 advanced for maybe a month before it crashed and made no sense to fix it due to costs. (DJI Phantom 4 Drone w/6 ND Filters - GREAT CONDITION | eBay)

Now, here comes my question/discussion. I haven't been a drone pilot for very long, and getting a new drone is always stressful and the levels of paranoia are extremely high. That being said, when I bought this drone Monday and picked it up yesterday, having never bought a drone on eBay before, I was fairly concerned with the state of the drone. What I mean is, does everything work correctly? is there a problem I don't know about? Having never bought a used drone, particularly one I've never owned before, I have no clue about what should be working, or what isn't normal.
Here is the discussion:
What is a good checklist for people who recently bought a used Phantom 4 that shows what should work/what is normal?
An example format would be as follows:
1. Drone Boots up, camera moves, lights flash, and the phantom signature sound plays
2. Gimbal corrects movements left, right, up, down.
3. The camera can move up and down by using the controller.

Now, you might be saying, "You have your list right here?" Well, yes and no. I have a general idea of how my drone should react, but I don't know the specific details of what should work on this particular model. The purpose of this post is to create a checklist that will instal trust upon those who have bought a used drone, and don't know if everything is functioning. Hope this makes sense and benefits new drone buyers such as myself! Thanks so much in advanced!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen