New Phantom 4 - Drifting

Reaction score
Hi All,

I received my Phantom 4 a few days ago and the first few flights on day 1 - everything was working perfectly.

I took it out for a flight today (day 2) and it was very unstable, it was unable to maintain either its horizontal or vertical position when hoverinh. Rotating the drone would invariable cause it to drift significantly in one particular direction or cause it to drop in altitude. During landing it seeemed unstable and would appear to bounce several times before coming to a complete stop.

I performed a compass, IMU and VPU calibration having explained the symptoms to DJI support - none of these resolved the issue.

When flying I was in GPS mode and I could see that there were 16 satellites found.

DJI suggested that I send the drone in for repair, but given i've only had it for 2 days - i'm doing a return and replace via amazon from where I purchased it.

Although I'm pretty convinced that the drone is faulty, it's odd that the problem occured on the second day of flying. Are there any settings or any configuration worth checking?

Many Thanks,

D

were you over water, ive seen drift over waves and running water with VPS locking onto a pattern in the water

typically an IMU and Compass calibration will solve drifting issues, did you calibrate the IMU on a perfectly level surface? and the compass away from any metal?

Not same Phantom but same principle;

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks all, I've tried the calibrations several times but no good..a replacement is shipping from amazon on Monday .. take 2

Thanks for the replies

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj