New Phantom 4 after even exchanged at the Apple Store update!!

Man I just read your beginning of the thread and I too had to exchange my P4 at Apple. I had a dot or dust on the sensor that was showing up in every video. First one had stickers on every sensor and a sticker over the Dji symbol on top. The ruber on bottom of feet actually had a line in it to I guess line up the protector for the gimbal. The second one I got, no stickers, no line.... I thought I had got a return.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
No, it has been established that they are coming off the production line with different packaging which is strange to me and does speak to inconsistency. No problem becauase of a lack of sticker but I only want my second to have the same markings as the first because the first works perfect and my second well, doesn't.

No, it has been established that they are coming off the production line with different packaging which is strange to me and does speak to inconsistency. No problem becauase of a lack of sticker but I only want my second to have the same markings as the first because the first works perfect and my second well, doesn't.
You still haven't returned that beast yet?

Reactions: Myetkt
1. No, your facts are incorrect the compass is in the legs.
2. Research what an imu is.... Inertial measurement unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3. Love it when people start making stuff up to make their point.

HAHAHA! Thanks, I enjoyed your reply! Thank you. Can I comment on each of your points?

1. Yes, compass is in the leg. My bad; I am wrong, sorry, had in mind barometric sensor was in the other leg. But where it is, is irrelevant.
2. Good description of IMU! Did you read it?? Quoting "When used in orientation sensors, the term IMU is often (wrongly) used synonymously for Attitude and heading reference system." You see,, an IMU does NOT include altitude control. Altutude sensing by barometric sensor is totally separate from IMU function.
3. Sorry to burst your bubble.

In discussing IMU and cooling, I stand by my premise that adjusting it at a wrong (cool) temp that is not reality while actually flying, is nonsense.

I have not. I am afraid I will get a worse one.

14 days starts fresh every time you take it back, so get to 14 days and then return it, im sure after a few months youll get a good one - or the refurbish ones will start to come back and hopefully be actually fixed.

I am nervous of ruining my good standing with Apple by doing this.
Then return it to Apple for a refund, and start over with Best Buy! Buy an extra battery and you immediately qualify for the Elite member 30 day return policy, from spending more than $1500 before tax in a calendar year. Best Buy will even price match the DJI.com $1559 price with two extra batteries, if you find a cooperative manager! Tell them you will buy direct from DJI if they don't match it. There also may be a local brick and mortar DJI dealer offering the 2 extra battery bundle at $1559, which Best Buy then has to match.

Then return it to Apple for a refund, and start over with Best Buy! Buy an extra battery and you immediately qualify for the Elite member 30 day return policy, from spending more than $1500 before tax in a calendar year. Best Buy will even price match the DJI.com $1559 price with two extra batteries, if you find a cooperative manager! Tell them you will buy direct from DJI if they don't match it. There also may be a local brick and mortar DJI dealer offering the 2 extra battery bundle at $1559, which Best Buy then has to match.
I bought a P3P within this colander year from Best Buy already so that would put me way past the amount.

I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if everything isn't settling in. Can't tell. It flies and shoots well, isn't that what I want?

If I can fix these intermittent range issues, I'll be good even with the gimbal noise which is just the little squeak, not the big one. Lol.

I bought a P3P within this colander year from Best Buy already so that would put me way past the amount.

I dunno. The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if everything isn't settling in. Can't tell. It flies and shoots well, isn't that what I want?

If I can fix these intermittent range issues, I'll be good even with the gimbal noise which is just the little squeak, not the big one. Lol.
Sounds like a like you are bonding with it! She's a keeper! ;)

Sounds like a like you are bonding with it! She's a keeper! ;)
Definitely wouldn't go that far. I just dont want to smash it with a hammer at the moment but that's with doing all kinds of tricks to make it work right.

Dunno.

I used my temp gun before it was 18c (64.4F) after calibration it was 30c+ (86F) inside the shell.

I would not recommend in the freezer or fridge, condensation which in turn water and electronics don't mix. also rapid temperature change creates condensation.

I calibrated in the same room as the aircon.

The phantom 4 heats up pretty fast.
I'll take it a step farther for you and say what you mean.

It's idiotic to put your P4 in the fridge and downright stupid to put it in the freezer.

Also, and I'm not sure on this, isn't the idea to calibrate the IMUs to the average temp you'll be flying in. If you're flying in 80 degree whether but you did a cold calib that you are not letting your IMUs warm up enough before take off.

This is just theory on my part. I don't know this as fact but using logic, why would the engineers program temperature into the calibration process if it doesn't matter?

Now before anyone that has a reason that makes that thought untrue, I'm not stating it as fact. Theory.

Usually the logical answer is the correct one. Not always.

I always do a room temp calibration and I've never once thought to myself, and I mean ever "hurry up and warm up already" and I have two P4s that fly perfect and my second one is the best flying machine I've ever owned and the picture is friggen amazing. I'll post my test vids straight out of the bird. Not even an artifact when spinning at full rotation with leaves and grass. So pleased with it but the difference from on to another is mind boggling. Not the type of production variance that instills confidence.

I'll take it a step farther for you and say what you mean.

It's idiotic to put your P4 in the fridge and downright stupid to put it in the freezer.

Also, and I'm not sure on this, isn't the idea to calibrate the IMUs to the average temp you'll be flying in. If you're flying in 80 degree whether but you did a cold calib that you are not letting your IMUs warm up enough before take off.

This is just theory on my part. I don't know this as fact but using logic, why would the engineers program temperature into the calibration process if it doesn't matter?

Now before anyone that has a reason that makes that thought untrue, I'm not stating it as fact. Theory.

Usually the logical answer is the correct one. Not always.

I always do a room temp calibration and I've never once thought to myself, and I mean ever "hurry up and warm up already" and I have two P4s that fly perfect and my second one is the best flying machine I've ever owned and the picture is friggen amazing. I'll post my test vids straight out of the bird. Not even an artifact when spinning at full rotation with leaves and grass. So pleased with it but the difference from on to another is mind boggling. Not the type of production variance that instills confidence.
So now your "good first one" is now the bad one lol. Yeah the first production runs wernt as good, but it seems you kept getting alot of bad ones the second time around.

I am happy you got a really good one now. How many was that you had went through?

what are you going to do with your "first good one"?

Reactions: Myetkt
Yes...I did exactly that...I now have my brand new P4 with a spare battery for 1479 AND it is squeak free and so far looks perfect..knock on wood!!

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
Fridge?Freezer?
Before IMU calibration I put mine in the oven along side the meatloaf...taste wonderful.

Reactions: zacksomeone
So now your "good first one" is now the bad one lol. Yeah the first production runs wernt as good, but it seems you kept getting alot of bad ones the second time around.

I am happy you got a really good one now. How many was that you had went through?

what are you going to do with your "first good one"?
Keep it! I use them both all the times for various reasons or just to fly with buddies and yeah, lol, the good one became the less good one. :) they are both awesome.

I think I only had two the second time around and the second second, I really tried to work with. In the end, I'm very glad I returned it. Night and day.

Shot some friends on horses in an area called sunset Ranch. Will upload and share later. Flies so good. Feeling comfortable with it in ATTI around horses.

HAHAHA! Thanks, I enjoyed your reply! Thank you. Can I comment on each of your points?

1. Yes, compass is in the leg. My bad; I am wrong, sorry, had in mind barometric sensor was in the other leg. But where it is, is irrelevant.
2. Good description of IMU! Did you read it?? Quoting "When used in orientation sensors, the term IMU is often (wrongly) used synonymously for Attitude and heading reference system." You see,, an IMU does NOT include altitude control. Altutude sensing by barometric sensor is totally separate from IMU function.
3. Sorry to burst your bubble.

In discussing IMU and cooling, I stand by my premise that adjusting it at a wrong (cool) temp that is not reality while actually flying, is nonsense.

I assume by this statement you think it does not work, but it does in fact work. Many people including myself have used this method and never had the issue again. To be clear, this is for people who have long warm up waiting times and you don't freeze it, you cool it a bit.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.