New phantom 3 video + law question

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Here's a new video I made

Also, I flew my drone for the first time at 400ft high, the U.K. Law says that's the maximum height I'm allowed to go, but if I took off from a higher hill does that mean I'm allowed to go higher?

The 400ft limit is height above ground level, so if you take off on a hill you can fly 400ft above your take off point...but if you fly away from the hill, you should reduce your height to 400ft above the ground you're flying over.

The 400ft limit is height above ground level, so if you take off on a hill you can fly 400ft above your take off point...but if you fly away from the hill, you should reduce your height to 400ft above the ground you're flying over.
Thanks rocky!

Will this adjust on my app by gps? How will I know what height I'm at?

Thanks!!

The app has no way of knowing what ground you're flying over, and always shows its height relative to your take off point. So if you take off on the top of a hill and climb to 400ft, and then you fly away from the hill, the app will still show your height as 400ft even though you may be 800ft above the ground you're flying over. It's just up to you to be sensible about it.

The other point to note is that the app can also display negative values....if you take off from the hill and fly down the side of it into a valley, the app will show that you're at -500ft (for example), even though you're 100ft above the ground you're flying over.

The app has no way of knowing what ground you're flying over, and always shows its height relative to your take off point. So if you take off on the top of a hill and climb to 400ft, and then you fly away from the hill, the app will still show your height as 400ft even though you may be 800ft above the ground you're flying over. It's just up to you to be sensible about it.

The other point to note is that the app can also display negative values....if you take off from the hill and fly down the side of it into a valley, the app will show that you're at -500ft (for example), even though you're 100ft above the ground you're flying over.

That makes sense, thanks for the info! it would be good if the gps could use location to know how high Im actually flying rather the difference from the take off point

Thanks
Luke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20