New phantom 3. Things to lookout for as a newb

Reaction score
Hey guys just got my first dji the other day but want be flying till Christmas. My last drone was a hubsan and very temperamental. You might as well forget about alt mode unless u want to crash.
I want to know is there anything on the p3"standard" I need to look out for to avoid mishaps in advance. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I started off in the flight simulator on the dji go app first doing a few practice flights. This phantom is a whole new level up over the hubsan. I've have 4 of the hubsans 107 series..good little quads. Fly safe and welcome aboard forum [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

go slow, learn and read as much as you can and follow a pre flight checklist (there are many on here). The Phantom is incredibly easier to fly than one of the toy quad copters - it's a whole different league!

I'm into my second week with a Phantom and I couldn't be happier (aside from my range) but I still have SO much to learn...

Reactions: FinnBalorisReal
Read the instructions over and over.
Use flight sim to get an idea how it works.
Stay in beginners mode until your happy and then alter the range limits in increments.
Try to fly in open areas, don't go behind trees or buildings....keep it in line of sight.
If you're worried just let go of the sticks and she will stop and hover until you catch your breath.
Learn to use the map in dji go, when at a distance it is impossible to see which way the front is pointing...it might have flashing lights but they are usually invisible in daylight.
Set your return to home at a decent altitude so she doesn't fly into trees etc, it will come home in a direct line not the fancy route you flew.
Keep an eye on the wind, she will get blown along in a decent draft and not hold position...also eats up your battery time. If flying away downwind, returm leg will take longer.

Enjoy it, it is fun

Reactions: loonie01

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl