New Phantom 3 Standard with video already on memory card

Reaction score
Hey all, new P3S owner, fathers day gift from the wife and kids. I've flown a TON of toy RC drones but this is my first step into the "big boy" drones lol. So far loving it but the weather has sucked, very windy, so fly time has been minimal.

So anyways back on topic.. I forgot to record my first flight yesterday and was thinking maybe the phantom auto records all the time even when you don't tell it too. So I took out the micro SD card it came with and to my surprise it had a video that was 17 seconds long. I loaded it up and it was definitely not my test flight lol, it looks like video from inside a DJI factory (total guess), maybe a store room?, and everything is upside down.

For the first second you can see an employee and then something green with a label on it appears in front of the camera (very blurry) for 4 seconds. Then at the 6 second mark someone puts the lens cover on and then that's all you see for the remaining length of the video.

Has anyone heard similar stories like this? I thought it was pretty amusing when I opened it up lol, thought it was my test flight but definitely not! I can post the video if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Edit:
Here is the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Never heard of such a thing. But most likely a quality check process and your's was chosen for the review. Yeah go ahead post that video, that would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Here's a still frame inverted.....
xxxhj.jpg

A nice catch.
This looks like a QC or refurb testing facility.
From left to right the A4 labels read:
"Taiwan
Test Flight OK
x 10"

"USA
Test Flight OK
x 4"

"China
P3SE
x 8"

Last edited:
So I wonder if these are separated based on the radio control region? Or some type of other compliance issue.

Just order a gimbal assembly because of the no image tranmission signal hook it up runs picture but I have image of someone in Wisconsin in they garage [emoji848]

FYI. The wordings on the paper.
from left to right:
first row said Taiwan, usa, China
second row, test OK
third row said how many

words under "UMC",
transfer box.

The picture was take from the shipping deck of repair shop.

Man now I'm pissed and I already purchased DJI Care so taking it back to BestBuy for a replacement is pretty much gone now..

Edit:
Looks like I can transfer DJI care if I do a store return, I just need to email DJI care. It's worth a shot I guess.

Last edited:
Not really important, but there was another post maybe a year ago that was similar.

Rod

I took it back to BestBuy and explained what's up. They were very cool and gave me a new one, or so I hope lol. No restocking fee either. I have yet to check the memory card on the new one lol

Wonder how many have taken the SD card from their drones when new and run them through a undelete utility? I did it for my P4,P4Pro and Mavic (I always scan cards in new purchases to make sure they are new), only got what seemed like testing logs, but another friend got a similar video to the above - looked a lot larger facility, or maybe the camera was on a different workbench facing a different way. Just called him to see if he still had it hoping to see what the signs and boxes on his said but alas he didnt think it was worth saving.

I wouldn't have assumed the AC is a refurb based in the presence of the video. There are other reports of DJI products sold as new arriving with factory footage in the SD. It's probably part of a simple test- the inspire assembly line was the most interesting clip I really posted.

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers