New phantom 3 standard no wifi

Reaction score
Hi, my son got the phantom 3 for Christmas and it's showing up on the phone wifi but when I click to connect it says no internet connection?? Tried iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 7 plus. Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Bob Yelkin
Not a 100% sure what is going on, but is your phone connected to transmitters wifi? It would require a password to connect the first time, pw 12341234.
Also you have posted on the Advanced/Profession page.

t's showing up on the phone wifi but when I click to connect it says no internet connection?
That's working as designed. It's just telling you the Wi-Fi connection does not offer Internet access.

Reactions: gaz1969uk
When you are connected to the Phantom you're no longer connected to the internet. That's why it says that. Once you've connected to the Phantom you have to go back to your phone settings and reconnect to the internet and update the firmware if need. Then go back into the phone settings and reconnect to the Phantom. Now you are ready to fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In other words, you don't need an Internet connection to fly. We've all got it somewhat ingrained in us that WIFI is synonymous with internet because that's how it's commonly used. However, WIFI is simply a means of wirelessly connecting two devices (e.g., your phone/tablet to your home router or your phone/tablet to your RC/AC (Remote Controller/AirCraft)).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic