New Phantom 3 Standard connection issues[DJIGO]

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots!

First time poster Long time lurker.

Was in best buy the other day and saw a phantom 3 standard that was DIRT cheap so I snagged it. I had a phantom 2 and a 2 V+ in the past and loved flying them. Retired them both due to age and a bit of abuse.

Moving on. I cannot get this thing to connect to the DJIGO app correctly. I believe I followed all the instructions correctly and I am getting close to taking the thing back given the headache(my vision plus was nothing like this).

When attempting to connect to the drone through the app, the app sees my P3 Standard as an inspire 1. If it scroll over and select phantom 3 standard from the drop down it just give me the "How to Connect" button again. Also when clicking on the "camera" button under inspire 1 I get nothing and a gray status bars[disconnected]. I see other people have had similar issues with the P4s but I was hesitant to follow the solutions offered as I have a different series quad all together.

I think I might need to update firmware on the Radio or the drone, however the methods I have seen for doing this on youtube are Via the DJIgo application.

Troubleshooting I have tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling DJIGO
ReBinding the radio to the craft.
Different SD card.
Moving away from other WIFI interference.

No luck.

Other Info:
Phone: Google Pixel 32gb
Quad: P3 Standard
SD Card: 32GB Class 10 Samsung
Confusion level: 8.2 / 11

At a loss. Thanks for any help you can give. Guess there will be a sunrise to shoot tomorrow.

OTOH, I'm using an Android device, that is not on the approved list, and all is working fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl