Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

new phantom 3 pro

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by assamite1984, Mar 24, 2016.

1. assamite1984

hey, i just got a phantom 3 pro, i did have one a week ago but the controller was defective i have got the dji go app installed on my tablet and i did use it with the first controller but can i just use it on the second controller or do i need to delete and reinstall the app?

also can anyone link me to the correct way to update the firmware on the phantom and the controller cause there are so many people saying different things on youtube i just dont wanna mess it up.

cheers

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

You do not have to reinstall DJI GO when switching remote controllers. Follow these instructions to update your firmware.

3. CaptainDrone798

Ahhh... reading will get you much farther. First go to the link below which is the DJI home page. All firmware files are there. Look on the same page at the DJI Tutorial Videos (you may have to click the LOAD MORE button). You'll find a DJI Tutorial video on How to Update the Firmware on your DJI Phantom 3.

Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

4. assamite1984

just loaded the app now, app version 2.7.1 controller version 1.5.70 and aircraft version 1.4.10+
    do i just update to the latest firmware on everything or do i have to do step by step update on the aircraft and battery
    also updating the controller do i just do it through the app?

5. assamite1984

if anyone can give me some help would be greatful, i just dont wanna mess it up
    can i update from the 1.4 to the 1.6 firmware or do i need to do 1.5 then 1.6 then 1.7

cheers.

6. OnnoJ

This same question have been answered several times in the forum..... try search first....
    You can update to latest FW immediately .

7. Alan Russel

hi my new p3p had the same firmware as yours I upgraded 1.4 to 1.7 and upgraded rc version 1.5.70 to 1.5.80 via dji app...all good!

ullhan84 likes this.
  8. ullhan84

I second that +1