New Phantom 3 Pro...Any Checklist to complete before the First Flight...?

Reaction score
Im new to the "Drone World" , What to do first?
Should I search for any update?
Any Checklist to complete before the first flight?
Advices?
Thanks.

I would recommend getting some practice with the simulator first. You can access the simulator from the help in DJI Go. That will give you some good practice with the controls.

Thanks Meta4 and Kevin, I will do it...I was reading some reports of crashing and Im a bit concern about crash mine...I dont know what is the actual percentage of crashing the drone due to a system failure...???...or if somebody can say something about it...of course excluding any human error.

Mostly human error...I made a list of my prechecks in another thread....recently a lot of people crashing due to battery issue. I would only fly on a fully recently charged battery. I try to fly without about 8 hours of full charge but have flown as long as 16 hours after full charge. Personally I would also not try to sneak in extra flight on a battery either...charge it up before every flight...Google DJI top 10 crash forum and see their list of top 10....

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Regarding Checklists.

I have been a Pilot for over 35 years and have flown both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and for every aircraft that I have put by butt into, the first thing I look for is a Checklist, no checklist, then NO-GO flight. I would think there are lot of very smart drone pilots on this forum with all kinds of experience flying DJI's equipment and that somebody has not produced a viable "Checklist" that can be transported with the drone for each flight. A commercially produced Checklist could prove lucrative to someone. I have used both paper and electronic ones, both serve their purposes. Anyways just my thoughts.

Most problems I have run into have been human error. The worst crash I had was because I was in a hurry and I think I had a compass error that I didn't catch before flying. Fortunately the phantom was fine (i had to ditch it into a muddy soybean field as it was going uncontrolled off-course). Each time something happens, I try to evaluate what went wrong and if it was preventable (so far 100% of the time) try to take that into account for next time.

Regarding Checklists.

I have been a Pilot for over 35 years and have flown both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and for every aircraft that I have put by butt into, the first thing I look for is a Checklist, no checklist, then NO-GO flight. I would think there are lot of very smart drone pilots on this forum with all kinds of experience flying DJI's equipment and that somebody has not produced a viable "Checklist" that can be transported with the drone for each flight. A commercially produced Checklist could prove lucrative to someone. I have used both paper and electronic ones, both serve their purposes. Anyways just my thoughts.

There are several checklists available on this forum made by different members, do a search for them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl