New Phantom 2 won't power on

Reaction score
I just purchased a Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbel. After following the installation instructions and videos, I cannot power on my Phantom 2. I've watched the videos to power the device on (i.e. press once/press and old for 2 seconds. The lights on the battery light up the same way I see on videos, but the LEDs under the arms do not light up. After a few seconds the battery lights turn off too.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or how to troubleshoot? This is driving me crazy. It's been multiple days and I can't enjoy my new purchase.

Thanks for the quick response, but I said I already tried that in my original post. I've seen plenty of videos of how to turn the thing on. I've also tried lots of combinations:
Press, then quickly press and hold for 2 seconds
Press, a second later press and hold for 2 seconds
Press, then quickly press and hold for a longer time
Press, a second later press and hold for a longer time
ETC.

I'm hoping for a super secret reset like Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. :cool:

Thanks for the quick response, but I said I already tried that in my original post. I've seen plenty of videos of how to turn the thing on. I've also tried lots of combinations:
Press, then quickly press and hold for 2 seconds
Press, a second later press and hold for 2 seconds
Press, then quickly press and hold for a longer time
Press, a second later press and hold for a longer time
ETC.

I'm hoping for a super secret reset like Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. :cool:

If you were doing it correctly the battery would not turn itself off until you repeated the same sequence. There's no secret reset.

Take the battery out of the Phantom, try the power up sequence on the battery switch.
Press momentarily, then immediately press and hold and you will see the power lights go from empty to full and they will stay on, one may flash depending on the charge level.

Do the same to power off.
Once that works, try it in the Phantom - remember to turn on your controller first!

If the battery fails to power up and you get nothing, no lights, plug it into a charger to see what shows up.

TeamYankee,
Thank you for some useful troubleshooting steps, instead of snark!

When I remove the battery from the Phantom and try the power up sequence the battery stays powered up, until I repeat the sequence to power it down. When I put it into the Phantom, turn on the controller on, and try the power up sequence, the LEDs under the arms on the Phantom do not illuminate and the battery does not stay powered on.

TeamYankee,
Thank you for some useful troubleshooting steps, instead of snark!

When I remove the battery from the Phantom and try the power up sequence the battery stays powered up, until I repeat the sequence to power it down. When I put it into the Phantom, turn on the controller on, and try the power up sequence, the LEDs under the arms on the Phantom do not illuminate and the battery does not stay powered on.

Then try this take the battery out of the P2 and power it up. Once it's powered up plug it back into the P2 and see what happens. The battery should stay powered up and all the LEDs will light up during the startup sequence and the front RED LEDs will go out and the back two will flash red to green.

Take the props off when doing this.

If this still doesn't work and the P2 is under warranty send it back for a replacement.

Last edited:
That worked... sort of!!! I pulled the battery out and powered it on. Turned on the controller. Put the battery back into the Phantom. As I did that, I saw the LEDs under the arm illuminate for a split second, then the battery powered off.

Tried again, but this time pushed the battery in slower until I saw the lights and heard the sounds. The battery was not completely seated at that point. It went through the initialization sequence and stayed powered on. GREAT!!!! I also turned it off and back on while the battery is in and now it works fine.

The back arms are now flashing yellow slowly, which I read means its ready to fly without GPS. I still need to go through the calibration, etc., so I'll go through that now.

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps TeamYankee and Jason!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers