New Phantom 2 Will Not Power Up

Reaction score
Brand new Phantom 2 with H3-2D Zen Muse. I purchased 2 batteries and charged them both fully. When I insert either battery, it will show the power status and nothing else happens. No lights, no response at all. If I plug it into my computer to update the firmware, the software tells me to connect the Phantom. If I connect my GoPro, it will blink and power up. Sounds like this unit is DOA. It was supposed to have been tested before shipping, but apparently it wasn't.

Anyone have any suggestions to troubleshoot? Thanks!

When you power it up you're suppose to hold the button 2-3 seconds and watch the lights do a progressive roll then you'll hear a chime. then battery staus lights will stay lit. (it's in the user manual)

Sure. Battery lights up, no chime, no response from Phantom. The copter does nothing.

Pressing once battery lights up showing status - try holding the button down for 2-3 seconds and watch the lights do the progression then they go solid green. Then chime.

Done that. No response at all. I have reset the battery holding it 5 seconds to make sure it was off and then held for 2 seconds to power on. I have swapped batteries, again no response.

As per manual - Quote from user manual - Powering on - press battery once then press and hold again for 2 seconds

Yes, I understand. The first time I press the battery, all 4 lights light up to tell me power is 100%. Pressing and holding it again for 2 seconds does not go through the blinking sequence on the battery and then powering up the Phantom. I just get the 4 solid lights again for power status.

Took the cover off and found a loose connector. It powers up now. Frustrating that is wasn't tested before it left the reseller when they added the options.

@kburrows Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I have having the exact same problem as the one you described.

The problem was I wasn't doing the sequence correctly. Push the power button once quickly then immediately press it again and hold for a few seconds and the unit will power up. Same process for powering down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers