New Phantom 2: What To Update??

Reaction score
I was on the dronefly website, and they mention that you might want to hold off updating to the latest firmware.

"ATTENTION PHANTOM 2 OWNERS: Upon receiving your Phantom 2, we do not immediately recommend upgrading via the Phantom 2 software unless absolutely necessary. Numerous customers have filed complaints to us about bugs following plugging their devices in. The software has now been updated, but without further review."

Is this still the situation? What should I do with a brand new Phantom 2 with Gimbal, out of the box? Upgrade all to the latest software version and firmware, or simply flying it out of the box as it is? Just really confused right now on what the procedure should be for a brand new Phantom 2 with gimbal out of the box. Any recommendation or help would be appreciated.

Mike

I unboxed mine and was flying two hours later with no updates. I have flown numerous times since and I have never updated anything. Flies perfect! (Knock on wood) I'm probably wrong about this, but most of those updates are for people who have modded gear.

Your Phantom 2 & Zenmuse come ready to fly right out of the box. Go fly!

I thought an update came out that helped with some of the fly away issues by making the Phantom return to home a little easier. But I also read reports that people had with the updates, making the gimbal act all crazy.. So I was confused as to what you should do. It sounds like it works great out of the box!! That is good to hear.

Anyone try any of the new updates? They seem to be working out fine or do you avoid them?

Mike

I did all the updates the only issue I had was the quick camera movement but fixed it with a X1 cal. other than that I would do the updates!

Redline said:
I did all the updates the only issue I had was the quick camera movement but fixed it with a X1 cal. other than that I would do the updates!

Okay, good to hear that you did not have any issues with the updates. I take it you updated the Controller Software to 1.08 and the Central Board Firmware to 1.0.1.19?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20