New Phantom 2 Vision + motor issue?

Reaction score
Hi...I received my new Vision 2 + yesterday. Very excitedly I unpacked and set everything up. I charged the batteries and downloaded the app to my I-phone. Everything powered up beautifully, the compass calibration was easy and the camera was operational. Thinking I was ready to fly I went to the back yard. I powered up and immediately I knew something was wrong. Immediately after powering up the front left arm light started flashing red accompanied by a alarm in sequence with the red flashing light. When I asked the machine to power up the other three motors did bid not the front right one. Everything else works fine except for that motor and I cant't find any help online. Can anyone help me out?

Obviously something wrong. Could be the motor, ESC, mainboard, a bad connection. I would definitely be looking for an exchange, but if you are inclined you may want to open her up and look for a bad connection between the motor/ESC/mainboard. Make sure the motor control cable is plugged into the flight controller. It is connected to the flight controller backwards? Odd something so serious would slip through the pre-shipment testing.

Thanks for your thoughts. It actually worked fine inside without the props attached. All four motors powered up and I thought we were good to go. I went outside put the props on and as soon as I powered up the alarm started sounding and flashing red. It is the alarm that is throwing me off as DJI has nothing in the manuals about this kind of alarm.

Dirty Bird, I got up the courage to open the Phantom. I found the plug between the ESC and the main board was not completely plugged in. All fixed and ready to fly.

Thank you as well, from me!

I have not come across this yet, but good to know
As I read a lot, and like to research problems ( through internet, and YouTube )

As we are all ALWAYS learning!
A+

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

This is why the first thing I will do to my new + is crack her open check connections and put a dab of 100% silicon over each connection. Did this with my vision and so issues and can be pulled away if ever need t unplug something

Nothing worse in flight than having a connection come loose :eek: :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl