New Phantom 2 Vision+ came with Old Battery version

Reaction score
Brand New Phanton 2 Vision+ purchased from B&H Photo and the batteries are not the version that can be upgraded and that can show battery details in the Vision App. I just purchased this unit. Actually, this is the second one because I had to send the first one back because it looked like it may have been an open box unit and I didn't feel comfortable with it. But both units have what appear to be older versions of the batteries.

If I order a new unit at this date and time, Shouldn't I receive the most recent battery?

Are these guys just trying to move old inventory/stock?

Should I retrun and request a unit with the current batteries?

I don't think DJI released a new version of their batteries lately. Did you try upgrading the firmware in the batteries via the Vision Assistant application?

I have the same drone but it is a version 3.0. That's one of the reasons I went with the newest version, it has numerous hardware changes. It for sure comes with the 3.0. B&H is an extremely reputable company. I've spent $$$ there and never had an issue. Give them a call. Good Luck! ;)

jmlooper said:
it has numerous hardware changes
True. But, the battery is not one of the hardware changes (FYI).

msinger said:
I don't think DJI released a new version of their batteries lately. Did you try upgrading the firmware in the batteries via the Vision Assistant application?
I have 2.0 as the version number but it keeps saying no upgrade available

jmlooper said:
I have the same drone but it is a version 3.0. That's one of the reasons I went with the newest version, it has numerous hardware changes. It for sure comes with the 3.0. B&H is an extremely reputable company. I've spent $$$ there and never had an issue. Give them a call. Good Luck! ;)
I'm highly considering sending it back to get 3.0

I initially planned on getting the FC40 for $500 but then decided on the Phantom Vision bit the video was too jerky. So, I sent it back and now have the Vision+

I almost bought from B&H because they had a great price with a case and my wife is a photographer and we have always had good luck with them. I luckily went to some of the forums, saw V3 and what it included and bought from DDM Racing through Amazon, Prime. Cost more but the upgrades on V3 seemed to be worth it. Very happy with the Quad and with DDM.

OK so I have not been able to upgrade my batteries either. They are all at version 2.0 and it says no update available for all 3 of them . One came originally with my P2V+ in early April, one I bought in August, and the last one I got in November. 2 have round contacts, one has square.

What the hell determines if your batteries are upgradeable? And believe me it is not that your P2V+ is v3.0. Because there are plenty out there who don't have v3.0 and have upgraded their batteries.

Exactly. I spoke to someone who bought his Phantom vision+ a long time ago and he has the batteries you can view its stats in the App.

Just make sure you don't purchase through amazon seller East Coast Deals. You will get a 2.0 even through 3.0 listing. My last two came from DDM. One had a bad ESC no green light so my new one came in today. But it is also locking up when shooting raw.

BlackTracer said:
What the hell determines if your batteries are upgradeable? And believe me it is not that your P2V+ is v3.0. Because there are plenty out there who don't have v3.0 and have upgraded their batteries.

From the release notes:
1. Update DJI Smart Flight Battery firmware to v2.6 through Phantom Assistant v3.6.
2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of
v1.6.0.0.

Source: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

Edit: Also on the DJI boards it was stated that batteries produced after October are the new units.

I just got a vision 2+ version 3.0 from BH and it came with an extra battery as well. Both were the current versions.....

I have a similar situation. In November I purchased my P2 V+ (V3)as a package with 2 batteries. The Phantom battery that came installed in the box was serial #2380, had the loader 1.5.0.0 and 2.0.0.0. I updated it's firmware to 2.6.0.0 without issue using Phantom Assist 3.6. All's well. Just last weekend decided to break out the spare extra battery and I charged it to 100%, no issue. Put it in the Phantom and went to upgrade the battery. Phantom assist 3.6 showed it had Loader 1.5.0.0 and 2.0.0.0 firmware, serial #317, yes 317. It has the same newer style contacts as the first battery. The Phantom Assist 3.6 software showed No Updates in blue, tried clicking on No Updates , it came back after checking, reading No Updates. I even downloaded and installed a fresh Phantom Assist 3.6 from the DJI website and the same results happened.

My dealer has been emailed about it and is looking into my issue. I thought in the meantime I would also ask here for any suggestions or help.

Thanks

David

cdavidell said:
I have a similar situation. In November I purchased my P2 V+ (V3)as a package with 2 batteries. The Phantom battery that came installed in the box was serial #2380, had the loader 1.5.0.0 and 2.0.0.0. I updated it's firmware to 2.6.0.0 without issue using Phantom Assist 3.6. All's well. Just last weekend decided to break out the spare extra battery and I charged it to 100%, no issue. Put it in the Phantom and went to upgrade the battery. Phantom assist 3.6 showed it had Loader 1.5.0.0 and 2.0.0.0 firmware, serial #317, yes 317. It has the same newer style contacts as the first battery. The Phantom Assist 3.6 software showed No Updates in blue, tried clicking on No Updates , it came back after checking, reading No Updates. I even downloaded and installed a fresh Phantom Assist 3.6 from the DJI website and the same results happened.

My dealer has been emailed about it and is looking into my issue. I thought in the meantime I would also ask here for any suggestions or help.

Thanks

David

Same here. I just received a P2V+ v3.0 with 2 batteries. The loader on both is 1.5 and the firmware v is 2.0. I also am using Phantom assist v3.6. Neither of the new batteries will update. However a couple of weeks back I updated another battery that is close to 6 months old. Wonder if DJI has changed their mind about this upgrade. Anyone upgraded a battery in the past few days?

catchingchrome said:
I just got a vision 2+ version 3.0 from BH and it came with an extra battery as well. Both were the current versions.....
Now this makes me feel bad because I got the same package with extra battery and mine are old batteries.

Could someone post images of both battery types, is there an obvious visual difference between the two battery types?

I think It would be of use to those who are not sure what batteries they receive.

Is there something on the packaging of the Phantom that we can look for on the box to determine what build or version we may have of the phantom and or the batteries?

One battery comes installed in the bird. The extra battery is packaged outside of the Phantom.

Here are my current batteries...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418908805598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418908805598.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 295
windexh8er said:
BlackTracer said:

From the release notes:
1. Update DJI Smart Flight Battery firmware to v2.6 through Phantom Assistant v3.6.
2. The new battery firmware v2.6.0.0 does not support battery with loader of v1.3.0.0 or firmware of
v1.6.0.0.

Source: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

Edit: Also on the DJI boards it was stated that batteries produced after October are the new units.

All three of my batteries have loader 1.5 and firmware version 2.0. No update available. I am also beginning to wonder if DJI has removed the update recently. Wouldn't surprise me even a little.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20