Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

new phantom 2 v3.0 2312 motors

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by chaghal, Dec 24, 2014.

1. chaghal

anyone changed their fc40 motors for the new v3 p2 motors and escs? is it worth an upgrade or am i flogging a dead horse and should i just go for an f550 or f450. Seems to be claiming increased power and speed on the dji website

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-Phantom-2 ... 3ceebd2488

2. Rustysocket

What are you hoping to accomplish?

The fc40 kind of falls into the is what it is category for me. DJI did a good job with it and its well designed. I dont think there is a lot left on the table in a general sense. Especially anything that is cost effective.

Money would be better spent on a flamewheel, imho.

3. chaghal

according to dji there is much more power from these motors with the escs my fc40 is heavy and flight time is limited. i want more power and efficiency. i spoke to the dealer these motors and escs will work with the fc40. but its around 100gbp for upgrade..

4. Chrisxr2

I paid 300 pounds in the sales for my fc40' are these motors going to make it 33 percent better?? That's how I would justify the outlay or not.

5. PsychopathRC

It's worth upgrading if your old motors/ESC's need changing I say. If they don't then could you sell them to anyone and make some money to cover the costs of the new motors/ESC's?