New Phantom 2 owner ---help!

Reaction score
Received my new Phantom 2 recently with a gimbel and I attached a go pro...all is good. I had one great flight. Since then I have not been able to power it up. I hit the button once then again and hold for two seconds and it powers off. I called B&H Photo which I purchased it from (tried the Phantom number and was on hold for 15 minutes and I finally just gave up). They said they was a software issue with some batteries. Ok so I ordered new battery from them..received it yesterday and it is the same thing. Should I just try and return the whole thing?? I need some serious help.

Take the battery out of the phantom.
Turn the battery on when it is outside of the phantom by pressing the button quickly then holding it.
it should stay on, if it turns off by its self then there is a problem with the battery.
B&H are great people and they should have no problem replacing the battery.

If the battery stays on then the problem may not be the battery just the firmware in the battery controller.

Check the little battery contacts under the main spades on the craft.
Make sure they can move freely. Use a qtip wight he cotton removed to carefully put the contacts in and let them sling back
they will travel only about 3mm or so.
make sure they move freely.

Download the assistant software from the DJI website for your OS.
Remove the props,
Trun on the transmitter first.
Make sure the main battery is fully charged.
Insert the batter into the craft.
Connect a USB cable from your computer to the phantom there is a soft white cover over the USB port on the opposite side of the craft where the battery is.

power up the phantom , do not start the motors.

Launch the DJI assistant software and do a full calibration first.
follow all instructions on the application.

After that turn off the power on the craft, then the transmitter.
let them stay off for 10 min or so.

Then power up the transmitter then the craft and start the software and do all the updates.

If that doesn't fix it then return it to B&H for a exchange.

I removed both batteries and they both stay on after removal. Downloading software and removing props now. I did check for movement on the bottom pins and they move as you described. Won't it be hard to do this if it won't power up after connecting to the computer?

It tells me to connect to the controller...I cannot power it on to connect to the controller.

I only was able to get one flight our of my Phantom 2 before it failed to power up. It was great fun but sort of disappointing to be unable to use it further. The batter would turn on but just not stay on. I contacted the DJI help line (waited 15 minutes each time) and they referred me to B&H photo where I had purchased it. The good news is a new drone will be delivered today and they credited me the exact amount so it is even swap. B&H was fantastic to work with and I cannot commend them enough. I had foolishly not retained the packaging material when I received my quad originally so I took it to UPS and it cost me $30 to have them package it so it was received undamaged. Lesson learned.

Received my new Phantom 2 from B&H...those guys are great. I received my new quad and have checked it out and it is great!! Back in the quad flying business.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31