Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Phantom 2 Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by RoiB, Jul 8, 2016.

1. RoiB

Hey guys!

I just un-boxed my new Phantom 2 zenmuse.
    The battery that was inside is not responding to my fist short press, and obviously, not to the two second that should follow.

I thought maybe it got draind during the time passed manufacturing, so i plugged it to the chrager.
    the charger light remains green and the battery LED's keep being off..

Did I do anything wrong? i have not done anything else yet, not assembling the props, never connected to the computer.

what should i do?

Thanks.

2. J Dot

Sounds like a bad battery, if you bought online, contact seller, maybe they will replace it.

J Dot

dirkclod likes this.
  3. crash1sttime

If it's been stored totally flat then it's prob knackered, i would contact the seller in the first instance and see what he wants to do

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. RoiB

Thanks guys, i've contacted dji support and they asked me to film a video of me explaining the issue.
    And if ill provide strong enough evidence, they will send me a new one.

that sucks, it will probably take a while..

5. Mark The Droner

I agree with J Dot. The battery probably depleted and killed itself while the unit was on the shelf for months waiting to be purchased.

Just get yourself a second battery while you wait for the original to be replaced. ;)

6. darenn71

I've just had this exact problem on a battery that had been unused for nearly a year. As it was out of warranty, I disassembled it to check the voltage. All was good at just under 11 volts. Then I noticed a solder pad marked "RES" on the circuit board. Connecting this to the "GND" pad for 5 seconds reset the battery monitoring system, and everything came back to life. The system didn't know the actual battery charge, so I charged it a few times (until the battery had 4 LED's - it would stop charging early so that's why I kept going), and all is good. The charge count has also been reset to 1!

Sent from my LG-H850 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mark The Droner and J Dot like this.
  7. J Dot

Man,
    Useful info, as I have 17 batteries ( p2 ) 4 are bad, going to try this trick on the bad ones ( as I have nothing to loose ) I've been using hem with my elephantom, as it does not require a load, so battery will discharge completely ( not 70% straight to 7% gimmick! )
    I'll let you know,
    Thanks for sharing!
    A+

J Dot
    :cool:

8. yorlik

I took a nice pix of my P2V3+ test battery circuit board to post here, but it disappeared. grher! Anyway, mine appears to have no such point marked RES. I have OVP, UVP, GND, VCC...

I checked the bottom of the board also...

Could you post a picture showing where this RES is on yours please?

This could open up a lot of possibilities. For instance, I replaced the bad cells in my test battery, it is now like new, but without a reset it still says bad cell in dji applications.

Thanks.