Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Phantom 2, Battery Cell Damaged?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Mhall264, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Mhall264

Dec 10, 2014
    I just bought a Phantom 2 Vision last week and have flown it almost everyday with no problems. Today I went to fly and on the Vision app it was saying "Battery Cell damaged, do not recommend flying". I have been taking good care of the battery not going below 25% and charging it fully before use. I hooked up my bird to the DJI assistant software and it said everything is up to date, I updated all the firmware when I got it.

This is my first DJI product and I do not have much experience with potential glitches and troubleshooting. IS this a known "glitch" or do I just have a suddenly bad battery after only a week? And if so, who do I contact? DJI website just gives numbers for various hobby shops all over the US. Do I just pick a random one? Do they acknowlege warranties? Do I call amazon? Does DJI even have warranties on their batteries? I just spent alot of money on this and now I can't fly suddenly because its telling me I have a bad battery, any advice?

The cell readout from the software is:

Cell 1 - 4156 mV
    Cell 2 - 3945 mV
    Cell 3 - 4159 mV

So cell 2 appears to be off balance but I don't know if its something I did or if these batteries are just volatile. Which is concerning for future use but they appear to be well built. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  2. QYV

Apr 1, 2014
    not really sure why it's reporting that, but worst case if it's only a week old you should be able to go back to your vendor and get the battery replaced for being defective