New Phantom 2 and H3-3D Gimbal help please.

Reaction score
I have just set up my Phantom 2 and Gimbal but did have some issues after doing the Firmware Upgrades. I first notice the X1 wheel was not operating the Gimbal and then I had issues where I could not start the motors.

I have upgraded the Firmware for the Phantom, Gimbal and RC to the latest versions.

My RC is Mode 2 and what I did notice was that when moving the left stick (Yaw) to the left there was a slight movement of the Gimbal to the left and when I moved it to the right, there was quite a violent movement to the right with more range of movement.

I have my Gimbal settings so that the camera can move between pointing straight down to slightly above horizontal.

Several IMU Advance Calibrations later and the X1 wheel is working OK and the motors start. (I have yet to do a compass calibration as I have yet to take it outside).

However, the Gimbal is still moving as previously described when I operate the left stick. The motors are not running at this time. Is this normal?

I have not changed any other settings and my Phantom weighs in at 1360g with Gimbal and FPV Set Up. Is there anything I need to change to accommodate the extra weight? Likewise, if I add the module for the iPad Ground Station will I be pushing the weight to much?

Thanks in anticipation :)

yes my gimbal moves with the left stick as well, i've never changed any of my gain settings

I am at work, but I had a similar problem. I forgot exactly what I did, but I thought I calibrated the remote control, then calibrated the Phantom in Basic mode pertaining to the gimbal control.

Then it was OK. mine was a H4-3D, but I would think the results would be the same.

Thanks for taking the time.

When my package was delivered there were some parts missing from the Gimbal Box and the supplier replaced the missing items. They included the mounting plate, anti interference board, white set of rubbers etc. Having fitted it and on reflection the missing parts were what you would expect to be missing if the Gimbal alone had been removed from the Phantom. I am having some additional issues with it involving jerky movement and having contacted the supplier and suggested they had sent me a defective return, they have promised a replacement will be here by Friday.

I'll see what that one is like???

One thing I know is the interference board may have to go on a certain way (depending on certain things).

The plugs on each end may be the same type. Is there a narrow side and straight side? look at the manual and the picture may give you an indication of which end goes to the phantom and which end goes to the gimbal.

But on the other hand... a replacement is your best bet!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers