New Phantom 2.0 Owner questions

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone! Let me start off with i am a complete noob to the phantom line. i have flown a few quads and many RC planes, i finally pulled the trigger the other day and ordered a Phantom and should be here saturday. I ordered the Phantom 2.0 with 3axis Gimble. I will be mounting a GoPro 4 Black to it.

i have been searching the web for days now doing some research, i also found this forum and joined. I have been reading many posts but still have a few questions maybe some of you veterans can help out with :D

Recommended accessories or upgrades?

FPV: i want to do HD FPV from the GoPro, I was wondering should i go with the DJI Lightbridge? i have noticed many users on here use the Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 GHz A/V Transmitter. Is the better than the lightbridge? is it what you would recommend?

OSD: i see DJI makes the OSD mini, the OSD Mark II, and then there are 3rd party OSD's. What do you guys recommend?

Props: i see many people talk about switching to Carbon Fiber props? should I?

The only thing i ordered with the drone is a 2nd battery. So any recommendations on these accessories and what is best would be greatly appreciated. I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my new toy this weekend :D

Thanks in advance for the help and tips!

Since you are new you deserve some slack. The thing is, EVERYTHING you are asking is answered tons of times on these forums. So, please do some research here (read for a week or two) and you will find answers and opinions on all of your questions. Plus, you'll learn a ton of other stuff!

Ok so i ordered the following for mine after some further reading :)

Immersion RC 600mw 5.8 AV Transmitter
OSD Mini
Rave Monitor Mount
Black Pearl 7" Monitor
Solderless cable

Drone Mods GPS Locator
a prop balancer kit

Question on the antennas

i have seen many mention the FatShark's
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAO ... LQVLQZYMDB

others mention these IBCrazy ones
http://www.getfpv.com/review/product/li ... tegory/55/

any thoughts on which is better? or is there a better option yet than these?

I've heard good reviews on both. I use the fatsharks and range is great. The IBCrazys may have a LITTLE better range but the antenna are exposed without a mushroom shell and can get bent easily

The choice you made are the ones that I would have suggested - and own personally. With regard to the antenna, I own the IBCrazy antenna and have not had any issues with he exposed 'mushroom' getting bent. I have the Immersion RC 600mw TX and just recently went to the Black Mamba TX which is 200mw; range is better but I don't use the full extent of the range. I had hoped it would improve some of the image quality via transmission and there is no difference.

IMPO I don't think that for the P2 you do much better when you buy other than the DJI props. There are a couple of good videos on Youtube that compare the props in flight and battery time impacts. There is a trade off.

Good luck, the P2 is a lot of fun.

one thing i totally forgot about would be the connection from the GoPro to the iOSD. is this done using a standard mini HDMI? I cant seem to find an answer as i see some say using some cable of the gimble. I cant look as mine has not arrived yet,

is this the cable i need or is it something different? Using a Hero4 Black with the P2.0 and H3-3D gimble.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Cable- ... Hero3.html

*update*
If i am reading this correct, the H3-D3 feeds GoPro video into the P2.0 through the Gimble Bus, once i connect the iOSD Mini to the system Bus it will now have access to the video.

If that is true, i assume this cable i ordered is what will bring the video from the iOSD Mini to the Immerson RC transmitter?
http://www.amazon.com/Plug-Play-Cable-I ... SAJ1NH2S3V

just want to make sure when my packages start arriving in the next few days i do not have to wait to play while a special cable i forgot comes in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers