New Pahntom Vision No Gimbal Movement

Reaction score
Hi i am very new to the world of DJI quad copters and just received my Vision 2 last week. i am able to fly it no problem but can not get the camera to pan up and down. I am using the app on my andriod phone and can work all other functions but the pan function. i checked the connection between the camera and the drone and it is tight and good. also hooked it up to the dji Program on my computer and checked that the gimbal function was turned on and it was. any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not supper tech savy so bear with me lol

Pull_Up said:
Hello. If you switch the aircraft on (but not the motors) does the gimbal make a high-pitched sort of noise?

No no noise at all it does not seam to be stuck or jammed up. just seams like there is nothing telling it to move

Sounds like the servo isn't getting power, then. As the previous poster stated if you pull the white rubber dampers out of the holes in the camera bracket you can gently lift the whole camera/gimbal unit away and you'll see a cable running from the top of the servo to the underside of the aircraft. There is a small white connector here. Double-check it is seated properly. If that doesn't work then it's time to return it to your dealer as a DOA gimbal servo and get a replacement.

Pull_Up said:
Sounds like the servo isn't getting power, then. As the previous poster stated if you pull the white rubber dampers out of the holes in the camera bracket you can gently lift the whole camera/gimbal unit away and you'll see a cable running from the top of the servo to the underside of the aircraft. There is a small white connector here. Double-check it is seated properly. If that doesn't work then it's time to return it to your dealer as a DOA gimbal servo and get a replacement.

that was the first thing I checked was that connection and its seated properly I'll see about getting a replacement I purchased it from helipad.com and have 2 emails into them and no respomce is there a place to buy that servo seperate and I can replace it my self.

well crashed the phantom yesterday and now the camera gimbal is working lol there is a humming noise sounds like its coming from the servo. i was told that noise is normal is it? or is the servo shot?

Pull_Up said:
Should be high-pitched, a bit like an old dial up modem noise. Plus there's a cooling fan in the camera so that adds its noise in to the mix too.

yup thats the sound lol. i also just ordered a 2 axis gimbal for it from drone expert cant wait to get that in

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie