New P4P

Reaction score
Hello,
My P4P just arrived.
Charged Battery and RC.
Started DJI GO 4 powered on RC then Bird.
Initial customization done.
Registration done.

Upgrade Firmware done via DJI GO4: aircraft and RC.
How do I Check if the batteries need upgrade? 5 pieces.

Ordered DJI care refresh.

Started motors: OK; did not takeoff: in garage.
Will fly tomorrow on model-club airfield.

Tablet is a NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1.
I downgraded from android 7.0 to stock version 5.1 and upgraded to 6

I have propeller guards: on box is stated that OA is not working when installed???
Is that so?

I apply for a license class 2.
Until I have done the practical exam I have to fly only on an airfield.

Grtz from Belgium

Be careful with the prop guards. Many believe they can lead to a loss of stability and have caused rollovers as the top of the bird has more drag than designed when the guards are on. That said, I DID order a set of DJI guards that are much less surface area than other third party devices. I got these ONLY for when I am shooting at low level, low speeds, or close to any people who might be part of the shot.

And, yes, I believe you are correct that some collision sensors are not operative when the guards are installed,

Last edited:
Reactions: Wibble
Be careful with the prop guards. Many believe they can lead to a loss of stability and have caused rollovers as the top of the bird has more drag than designed when the guards are on. That said, I DID order a set of DJI guards that are much less surface area than other third party devices. I got these ONLY for when I am shooting a low level, low speeds, or close to any people who might be part of the shot.

And, yes, I believe you are correct that some collision sensors are not operative when the guards are installed,
Ok Jim mine are also the ones of DJI.
Thx

Hi, yesterday I did my first flight.
The wind was 5 m/s to 8 m/s, so I flew P with GPS. The aircraft saw 15 satellites and was very stable.
2 batteries until 30% (to be safe).
In the beginning I flew about 30 m far.
I tried RTH, succesfully.
Then after some practice I went to 120 m and about 20m high.
Then RTH from 120m far succes.
RTH hight is 45m.
I took some videos in 4K 30fps, the gimbal really does a good job in the strong wind.

At home I put the SD card from the aircraft in my NVIDEA Shield K1 tablet.
The videos look awesome. Very smooth without stuttering.
I see 2 times the videos on the card. One very big the other one smaller.
I will further investigate that.

Today I will try RTH due to connection loss (switch off RC), wind is mush calmer today so I will try A mode without vision assistance.
I will try to fly in follow nose. Also start to learn the make an 8 in follow nose. Have to prepare for my exam.

I also changed the video mode to 1080p 60fps, so I can upload the videos to my Sat-receiver, a VU+ Duo2, and view them on my full HD television set (Sony).

Witch video settings do I use best for a beginner, I have ND4 filter ND8.
Should I also have a ND16.

Does anyone know of an USBcable that splits into an usb + Power, so that use the power of a powerbank for my tablet. The tablet is really eating power.

Have good and safe flights.

Marc.

Sorry for my school English, I live in Flanders (Belgium).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20