New P4P RC will not connect with New iPad 4 mini

Reaction score
I am new to this board and this is my first post. I purchased a P4P and an iPad 4 mini and received them both yesterday. I have flown Phantom 4's before, just decided to get one for myself. My iPad 4 mini is a 64 Gb Wi-Fi + Cellular model ver. 10.2.1 and I have installed the DJI Go 4 version on it. The RC will not connect to the P4, the message displayed is "Aircraft Disconnected". As would be expected, the light on the RC is red and the aft lights on the P4 flash yellow. I did link the RC to the P4. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

What sequence are you using when you turn on your equipment?

You should first connect your Ipad to your RC and turn on the RC and launch the DJI Go App

THEN turn on your P4 wait for the IMU to boot.

it should connect then.

What sequence are you using when you turn on your equipment?

You should first connect your Ipad to your RC and turn on the RC and launch the DJI Go App

THEN turn on your P4 wait for the IMU to boot.

it should connect then.
Thanks so much for your response, Yes I have tried all sequences I can think of, including your suggestion. I also noticed there is no connector that came with the P4P for the iPad, so I am using the charging cable for the iPad. The alarming thing to me is that it will not connect to my android phone either! I have setup the P4 and flown it for a friend and it worked great. I purchased the P4P Executive kit from Drone World, but I am thinking I may return it soon if this cant be resolved. I am currently charging another battery just to see if that works.

Try linking the remote controller again. If that does not fix the problem, then I'd suggest you contact Drone World for help. Perhaps they did not install the long range system on the remote controller properly. I doubt DJI will help you since your remote controller is modified.

Ok, this may have been an issue with the DJI Go 4 app??: I installed a newly charged different battery, I started the RC, opened the DJI Go 4 app, then turned on the P4 to link the RC. I selected the 'Linking remote controller', then selected 'OK' as I reached over to push the linking led on the P4 The DJI Go 4 popped up asking me to register my aircraft ( I had done this previously), however this time it asked me to name the A/C (I remember this from activating another P4), as soon as I named my P4 and verified my email the RC connected to the P4. I performed an auto TO & auto Land. I then installed the previous battery and the RC & P4 linked to the iPad immediately. So I am a little confused with this chain of events, but am happy to finally get it running!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj