New P4 with ESC status error... Any hope?

Reaction score
Talk about being bummed... Ugh.

Was getting ready for my maiden flight with my new P4, but I keep getting an ESC status error in the DJI GO app.

"ESC status error. Please restart the aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the error persists."

I have seen posts about ESC errors in the past because of firmware issues. I haven't seen any mention yet with the P4.

Any ideas on how to resolve? Does it mean I need to send back to DJI?

Thanks for your help.
Edge

Hmmm. Not a good sign. No replies.

I have tried downgrading and upgrading firmware multiple times. Tried new batteries. Multiple laptops. Multiple iOS devices. All hoping my luck would change. Oh well.

I guess I will be calling DJI tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found a lot of cases of this issue on the DJI forum. Check out these search results. It looks like everyone sent their Phantom back to DJI for repair.

Thanks guys.

Yes. I have used the DJI GO app on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S. All with wifi and cell.

Also tried the DJI Assistant app on Mac and Windows.

What causes the ESC error? Is it a hardware issue (which seems odd since this bird has never even flown) or could it be a bricked firmware/software glitch?

I wish I bought it from Apple but I foolishly preordered direct from DJI on day one.

Oh well. Live and learn.

I wanted to close the loop on this.

After multiple contacts with DJI support, I ended up sending the drone in for repair.

The only thing they had me try was perform a calibration via the DJI assistant app (which didn't help).

I hope to fly this thing in a few weeks.

Update...

I received my new drone from DJI a few days ago. The process was pretty painless. After they validated my proof of purchase/serial number, they emailed me a shipping label. I packaged up the bird and sent it to CA. After they received the unit, it took them only a few days to examine the drone and send a replacement to me. About 2.5 weeks from start to finish.

One important takeaway: Keep your retain box and the shipping box! Made the process much easier.

The new drone updated without error and I had my first successful flight. So much fun...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers