New P4 owner from NE Ohio

Reaction score
My P4 arrives tomorrow. I have a have a feeling I am going to enjoy this new journey tremendously--that is until my first major crash or fly-away. I've read the manual twice and still glancing through it, watched a ton of Youtube videos, researched and read many forums. Feel I am ready. I know to take it nice and easy--no 4 mile flights for now. Now I just need to go out and fly it. I have invested in the Litchi app. Would you guys recommend I start with Litchi or the DJI app? Wish me luck.

Didn't you hear? They just announced a total recall and all drones must be handed in by friday.

But seriously... I'd take my time, watch all videos on the subject. Go slow. I use Litchi and only Litchi. (DJI go has to be used for a couple of things though). Make sure you know what settings need to be set BEFORE flight (RTH altitude ect.)

Know what to expect/do in the event of a loss of signal/failure and be ready to act if needed. These things are great, fantastic, but as everything you need to be ready to know what to expect and how to minimize loss if it comes up.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Would you guys recommend I start with Litchi or the DJI app?
You'll need to start with DJI GO since it'll be needed to register your Phantom, update the firmware, and setup settings that are not available in Litchi.

My P4 arrives tomorrow. I have a have a feeling I am going to enjoy this new journey tremendously--that is until my first major crash or fly-away. I've read the manual twice and still glancing through it, watched a ton of Youtube videos, researched and read many forums. Feel I am ready. I know to take it nice and easy--no 4 mile flights for now. Now I just need to go out and fly it. I have invested in the Litchi app. Would you guys recommend I start with Litchi or the DJI app? Wish me luck.

No need to expect any type of fly away.
just aren't that common in todays phantoms

On my 6 th phantom ,3rd p3 and have NEVER used litchi or 3rd party app
no reason other than for what I do and the way I fly
it does all needed funtions and like msinger said you do NEED it at times anyhow.

FWIW
don't use the auto stuff until you are solid in how to control the quad yourself .
Stay within site and in clear areas until comfortable... then go to town...

good luck and have fun flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic