New P3S owner!

I bought a different lens cover yesterday also, but it doesn't work. It says it's for the Phantom 3, but the cover has threads inside of it. Just wondering why it would say it's for the Phantom 3.
Are you referring to a lens filter? If so, all other Phantom 3 models use screw-on filters.

Also, how important is it to use the Gimbal lock?
Super important. Make sure it's attached before transporting your Phantom. The stock lock is great if you don't mind fiddling with it to attach it.

No, it's just a black aluminum lens cover, that is threaded on the inside. Maybe it's a lens cover for a filter? Oh well, it was only $5.

OK I'll have to put the Gimbal lock on from now on. I don't remember which way it was on though! Anyone have a pic of video of how to install it?

No, it's just a black aluminum lens cover, that is threaded on the inside. Maybe it's a lens cover for a filter? Oh well, it was only $5.
Not sure. Post a photo or a link to where you purchased it.

No. But, you can purchase filters that push onto the camera. You can find a list of commonly used filters here.

The standard does not have a place to screw on a filter like the advanced and professional models. You can use polarizing gel filters on the standard. I made the same mistake also a couple weeks ago (bought filters similar to the ones you bought), haha.

The standard does not have a place to screw on a filter like the advanced and professional models. You can use polarizing gel filters on the standard. I made the same mistake also a couple weeks ago (bought filters similar to the ones you bought), haha.

You can still buy filter kits with an adapter for the P3S though. I bought this one from Amazon which had the adapter, plus ND4 and ND8 filters.

{ FILTER SET FOR DJI } DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

YouTube is your friend. Watch everything you can. I've been using my PS3 for a month or two and still very much love it. I managed to get BestBuy to price math's Walmart's battery price of $115 when it was on sale about two weeks ago. I use DJI's hardshell backpack and love it, it makes it management to take/hike/climb to where ever I need to and get my shots (www.skykauf.com), the hardshell backpack makes it safe and very portable (otherwise what's the point?)

The phantom 3 standard will go PLENTY far enough (over a mile when not in a neighborhood full of houses with routers) for you to do whatever your heart's desire.

Change your video settings to: 1080p 30 fps--don't shoot in 2.7k it's actually too large for most playback devices and the files are huge for no difference to the eye.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj