New P3S owner!

Thanks for the replies.

My camera doesn't look like it's recording in nice quality. How do I change so it's on 1080?
How are you viewing the recording? You should be downloading your vids, picts from the SD card.

How are you viewing the recording? You should be downloading your vids, picts from the SD card.
I'm just watching them on my phone, they get saved into my gallery. AlsoAlso, while flying and looking at my phone, it's not very crisp.

Got to you camera menu as shown.

c2eb3a2fc1218800299039acfdb481a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm just watching them on my phone, they get saved into my gallery. AlsoAlso, while flying and looking at my phone, it's not very crisp.
What your watching on your phone is compressed, the true quality is saved on the SD card. You need download them to a PC.

Follow this one, I am not sure why they never got it to work, but all the reply's were correct.
I don't like pulling the card out, its to small, use USB cable, To the Camera, Not the Phantom.
Little camera help, please !!

What do you guys set your range and max altitude to? I had mine on beginner yesterday, then changed it to 200 for each setting.

Also, any other tips for me? Maybe some DIY mods?
I will be the reminder this time or altitude. FAA guidelines say 400 feet max altitude (120m). If you are within 5 miles of an airport, you may be required to fly lower depending on what the airport says when notifying them. I have one where the park is about 3 miles from the airport and they require <300 feet to fly there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I went back to Best Buy today to grab another battery. I asked if they had any cases and the guy brought out a DJI hard case backpack. He said it was $149. I looked at it and said I won't buy it. So as I'm walking to the counter to pay, he said he'll give a discount on the case since it was the last one and was a little dusty and had some small scratches on the bottom. He said $109 and I said yes! So I came home with a 2nd battery and a DJI hard case back pack!

After this, I went for another flight, just used one battery. Did some flying over water for a bit. I had a blast though!

I also just updated my P3S. It was beeping while updating. Is this normal? I hope to fly again tomorrow!

So I went back to Best Buy today to grab another battery. I asked if they had any cases and the guy brought out a DJI hard case backpack. He said it was $149. I looked at it and said I won't buy it. So as I'm walking to the counter to pay, he said he'll give a discount on the case since it was the last one and was a little dusty and had some small scratches on the bottom. He said $109 and I said yes! So I came home with a 2nd battery and a DJI hard case back pack!

After this, I went for another flight, just used one battery. Did some flying over water for a bit. I had a blast though!

I also just updated my P3S. It was beeping while updating. Is this normal? I hope to fly again tomorrow!
Beeping is proper! Nice deal on the backpack!

The camera cannot zoom.

Thanks for the replies guys!

What items do you recommend me getting next? I saw something that mounts under the camera to protect in during landings. Is that worth getting?

I make one :) (not really for sale, just an example) But yea, I'd say get a gimbal guard... def not worth damaging the camera or gimbal. If you have a standard.... it's more than half to replace it!
20160518_155340.jpg

Last edited:

That Dji hard case can be purchase at microcenter for $29 if one is nearby

d49528d02fd51ad03c53855bd9ae3ab1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a different lens cover yesterday also, but it doesn't work. It says it's for the Phantom 3, but the cover has threads inside of it. Just wondering why it would say it's for the Phantom 3.

Also, how important is it to use the Gimbal lock? Is the stock one good enough, or is there another one I should get?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers