New P3S, a very pretty paperweight

Reaction score
Got my P3S yesterday, tried setting it up today. Got torpedoed by the Go app - it refuses to confirm my activated account. Winds up stuck on the "Uploading your aircraft SN to the server..." message with a hard hang - hitting the go back button only results after a minute or so in the "DJI GO isn't responding Do you want to close it?" dialog. I did a lot of years in software QA so I know the ropes of drilling down on issues: Tested with my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. Uninstalled and reinstalled Go apps from the Play Store as well as the QR code in the documentation and the QR code at DJI's website. Created an additional DJI account to try using that for the activation. No joy in any of it, I suppose the quad will make a nice xmas ornament with its bright flashing lights.

As it stands I can't do anything with the quad at all until I get past the DJI Go activation - no way to get to the aircraft UI screen and use the P3S wifi link.

That's because your phone/device can only interface with either the Wi-Fi network of the controller or the broadband network of your phone one at a time. Here's how to fix it (assuming you are using a phone)

* Connect everything up through Go app so you are all connected.

* When you get to the screen where you are getting stuck, disable Wi-Fi on the phone so the phone network re-establishes its network connection. It will then upload your aircraft SN & complete the registration process. You may have to hit "Retry" in the app window once phone cellular network is active.

*Now re-enable Wi-Fi and the phone will connect back to the Phantom Wi-Fi.

* Don't forget to give your bird a name worthy of a Phantom! ;)

Got my P3S yesterday, tried setting it up today. Got torpedoed by the Go app - it refuses to confirm my activated account. Winds up stuck on the "Uploading your aircraft SN to the server..." message with a hard hang - hitting the go back button only results after a minute or so in the "DJI GO isn't responding Do you want to close it?" dialog. I did a lot of years in software QA so I know the ropes of drilling down on issues: Tested with my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7. Uninstalled and reinstalled Go apps from the Play Store as well as the QR code in the documentation and the QR code at DJI's website. Created an additional DJI account to try using that for the activation. No joy in any of it, I suppose the quad will make a nice xmas ornament with its bright flashing lights.

As it stands I can't do anything with the quad at all until I get past the DJI Go activation - no way to get to the aircraft UI screen and use the P3S wifi link.

Reactions: dirkclod
When I got mine I had to wait 1 day cause the servers were down to register the phantom. I called Dji and drone nerds and they both told me the servers where down. I checked the next day and bam,worked like a charm.

So I had this very issue, but additionally I continually had "this App is not responding" error on top of it.
Devices tried: Nexus 6P, Nexus 6 x2. No luck.

I had a VERY old Ipad laying around in a box in a closet, so I dug it out and was able to get the **** thing to verify/register the Drone.

Then the updates and all else were taken care of by my Nexus 6 without an issue.

I guess I am lucky to have at least one IOS device around.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic