New P3Pro RC won't update, DJI Go app "Unfortunately, DJI Go has stopped"

Reaction score
I followed instructions (DJI Forum|Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced RC Firmware 1.5.70 Support Thread) I waited a few minutes as it says "Please don't disconnect" nothing happened so I pressed "Start to Upgrade" then I get a message saying "Unfortunately, DJI Go has stopped" and after a few seconds it returns to the main DJI Go screen. I closed the app and tried again with the same effect. This is a brand new Phantom 3 Pro, I have not even had a chance to use it. I updated the copter with no problems but the RC is not having it, any suggestions?

Note, while trying to do this the aircraft was switched off as there is no mention of it needing to be on while doing this update.

FYI I am using an Nexus 7.2 with Android 6.0.1 and I have DJI Go App version 2.4.3
Maybe this is the problem should I try to revert to Android 5 and DJI Go App 2.4.2?

In case it makes any difference to my problem my RC currently has v1.3.20. I have tried deleting the app and re installing from the Play Store, switching the tablet off and on in between deleting and re installing, no change. Unfortunately I bought this in Thailand so the shop is pretty useless as no one speaks much English.
What can I do to address this?
I must say I am very unimpressed so far with DJI, I researched as much as I could before buying this and was concerned that I couldn't access the forum without first buying one. Now I can see why they won't let people see the forum because I doubt many people would risk their hard earned cash on something that is clearly so unreliable and has next to no support.

I would try it with the aircraft on. If that doesn't work try with a different device, Apple one? (even though this may not make a difference it may just be a bug with that android version), and make sure you have a good wifi or cellular connection. Then if that still doesn't work I think you can do it through a computer or your micro sd card? not sure on that but I think it is possible.

Reactions: Donw35
Thanks for the suggestion, but I did try the SD card route to start with and it didn't do anything, is the RC update even on that P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.bin file? I assume so as I can't see RC update file anywhere else to download.
I am afraid I simply don't have the money to going buying an Apple device to experiment so that is not an option. I went to quite a bit of trouble to find one of these Nexus 7.2 because DJI specifically list it as being compatible.
Now on my 4th day with my $2,000 DJI paperweight and I am becoming really pissed off. I am supposed to be taking it to the jungle to do some filming for a job in 2 weeks and am desperate to get some practice.

Can you borrow someone else's android that has 5.0 on it and install DJI on it?
Try another cord. Sometimes if the cord looses connection in the charging port.

I don't know about DJI go, but Litchi states to change settings(video decoding) to hardware instead of software if using android 6.0. It was crashing their app too.

Thanks for the advice I think from what I have found googling it is the Android 6 that is the problem. This is all very frustrating. I am not at home in Phnom Penh so I don't know anyone to borrow a tablet from. I spent 4 hours last night and the whole bloody day today trying to find a way to restore my Nexus to Android 5 and failed miserably. In Thailand if you are anywhere outside Bangkok you can't get anything done and I am not very tech savy with anything except my Macbook Pro. Now at the end of day 5 with my new "toy/paperweight" and having had no reply from either DJI or the shop I bought it from, I am forced to cut my losses (by spending even more money that I really don't have) tomorrow I will try to part exchange my Nexus for for an Apple of some sort. If that doesn't work I might just go back to the shop and ram it sideways up someones jacksie.

VERY UNIMPRESSED with the whole process.

I am not one to swear online but F$%#@&*^%$#@ W@%#$@&#^@%.

Based on my experience so far DJI are a bunch of C%&ts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20