New P3P with stress cracks already!

Should I send it back for warranty repair to only get another one that will do the same thing?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on some kind of plastic repair glue to fix stress cracks with? My 6 week old P3P already has stress cracks under one of the motors by one of the screw holes. It's very small hairline cracks but they're there. Never had a problems with it flying and no hard landings.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 491
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 446
my suggestion is have it coated with a very light layer of fiberglass :). not the cheap stuff either.

Well, after further inspection with a flashlight, found another crack on the top of the opposite arm.

Attachments

• topc.jpg
    topc.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 382
How are you calibrating the compass?

- hold out at arms length and spin around in a 360, or
- stand still and turn drone by hand...

I noticed when I did the hand turn method, I tend to grasp the area near the flashing lights... and I heard a crunch.
No cracks so far, but I'm curious if others had done this and not released that this may have caused the stress fractures in these areas.

Yes, it's only 6 weeks old. I sure hope warranty covers it. I've heard others say it doesn't cover the frame which is BS.
Provided you haven't crashed, then the warranty should cover the frame. There is a known issue with p3's stress cracks. SEND IT BACK FOR WARRANTY!!!

not pointing fingers but use a micrometer and compare the 2's plastic to the three...youll have your answear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.