New P3P: To update the Firmware or not to update, that is the question. What would you do?

Should I leave my FW alone or update it when I get my new P3P?

• Yes, update your FM to the latest.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, that would be a mistake. Just fly it the way it comes.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
What do base this "think" on? Do you really believe that *most* people update their craft and then do not immediately test it? Let's not have too much personal-experience projected on to all other users please.

That ... sorry, I don't mean to be flippant, but that sentence just doesn't parse. Are you talking about people who update or don't? Or people that update and then have problems flying or don't? Please clarify.

I am talking about the vast majority of P3 owners in the wide, wild world that do not frequent this or any other multirotor related forum board.

I am in no way referring to a user that cares enough to logon here or elsewhere in an attempt to educate themselves about this topic or other topics related to the P3.

So, yes I think the vast majority of P3 owners are blissfully unaware of what changed in a FW update, and if/when they do update, I doubt they make any specific "checkout flight" to confirm new features or to test against any known bugs.

I think the vast majority of users here (and elsewhere) are precisely the opposite.
Does that clarify? No personal jabs intended here...

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

Thank you for voicing your opinions. I have carefully weighed my options and considered all of your advice. I have elected to update the firmware to the latest version before my first flight. May God be with me. :D I'll let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: Erroll
Gentlemen,

Thank you for voicing your opinions. I have carefully weighed my options and considered all of your advice. I have elected to update the firmware to the latest version before my first flight. May God be with me. :D I'll let you all know how it goes.

Go for it!!
Bday.jpg

I updated my P3A today and the update went through on the first attempt for both the copter and the remote control. After completing an IMU calibration I tried a test flight and everything worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Went ahead with the firmware update for the bird, controller, and battery. All went completely without incident. Took her up in the air for the first time and it functioned flawlessly. What a machine. The video is just beautiful and it's so easy to fly. Almost too easy, I can see how people get cocky. I haven't exactly pushed it but from what I can see the new firmware works fine. Thanks again for the advice.

Reactions: Erroll

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair