Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yes, new FW makes it safer

• I am undecided

• Total voters
Fortunately, i bought @ BB & can return or exchange if i want, i just don't know if i want to return it or exchange it, i almost lost hope in DJI units..

Jer,

Before you give up p, try this. Erase the sd card completely and put only the downgrade .bin file on the card. Make sure your RC is off. Take a paper clip and familiarize yourself with how the link button works. Once you "feel" how it works find a way that you can hold it in while powering up the bird. Now hold the link button in and power up the bird. Listen carefully, once you hear the first "zup, zup" sound, quickly release the link button. Check the front gimbal LED, it should start blinking red and green. If it blinks red and green, leave it alone until it turns a steady green. It could take anywhere from 10-25 minutes to complete. Don't worry about anything it's doing as long as it's still blinking red and green. See what that does.

Jerry

Jer,

Before you give up p, try this. Erase the sd card completely and put only the downgrade .bin file on the card. Make sure your RC is off. Take a paper clip and familiarize yourself with how the link button works. Once you "feel" how it works find a way that you can hold it in while powering up the bird. Now hold the link button in and power up the bird. Listen carefully, once you hear the first "zup, zup" sound, quickly release the link button. Check the front gimbal LED, it should start blinking red and green. If it blinks red and green, leave it alone until it turns a steady green. It could take anywhere from 10-25 minutes to complete. Don't worry about anything it's doing as long as it's still blinking red and green. See what that does.

Jerry
Hello, I tried the SD card already, i formatted & put 1.7 on there, it started up & goes zup, zup, then it goes zupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp until i turn it off, also the gimbal light does not flash green it is solid red, along with the lights.

I tried your instructions with the paperclip & got the same result. Do i have a faulty unit?

I tried your instructions with the paperclip & got the same result. Do i have a faulty unit?

Jer,

It doesn't sound good. You could try it a few more times with the paperclip, maybe try both 1.8 and 1.7, maybe a different battery, fully charged. It might take. I guess if your having this much trouble and you bought it from BB, you can easily take it back.

Personally, I love my P3Pro's but I've been extremely cautious with all of these new updates. They just seem to be way too frequent to me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jerry

Jer,

It doesn't sound good. You could try it a few more times with the paperclip, maybe try both 1.8 and 1.7, maybe a different battery, fully charged. It might take. I guess if your having this much trouble and you bought it from BB, you can easily take it back.

Personally, I love my P3Pro's but I've been extremely cautious with all of these new updates. They just seem to be way too frequent to me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jerry
Please, do not be sorry. I tried your advice a few more times with no luck. I followed the order to update things & made sure the controller was off when updating the air craft, it appears the air craft is stuck in a limbo where i can not re-install the firmware. When i remove the FW from the SD card it starts up fine, connects to controller & App, although it says NO SIGNAL on the App. I get no errors if i boot up like normal, it even flys fine but with the No signal message, i do have telemetry. I don't know if that helps you any but its where i am now.

Then when i try putting 1.8 or 1.7 on a SD card it just starts up & then zupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp solid red lights.

It seems you have tired in all directions......if you don't trade it in for a new one ....could you ever trust it?

Food for thought

I have always updated soon after each new release during the past year, and never had a problem. As with any software, occasionally they fix three things and break something new, but that's been rare and minor. It's been clear, over time, that the new releases have moved the product forward and have been implemented in good faith!

I updated my primary P3P tonight with some bad results....For some reason the aircraft and rc will not communicate. It's showing I need to calibrate the compass by pressing start and I am not able to find the start calibration button, whereas pressing OK has worked just fine the hundreds of times I have done it in the past. I'm researching the issue now and I'm sure it's probably just user error. I say if it's not broke don't fix it but be advised if you do crash or experience the dreaded "fly away", one of the first questions asked will be if all firmware was up to date. If not, there is no guarantee DJI will be responsive to any problems resulting after the flight.
That issue was mentioned a few times a couple of weeks ago. The new P3P release requires that both the RC and copter be updated to the latest release together. You'll need to download the Phantom's firmware from the proper place on dji.com, then extract the .bin file from the ZIP file, and update it from the SD card. All should be OK after that!

Also, make sure you have downloaded the correct file for the Pro. I tried using the Pro file once in my P3A and it didn't work. I thought the S was for Standard, but it was actually the correct Advanced file.

I just read that the power output has me slashed by about 55% on the latest firmware

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers