New P3P, Remote Battery Totally Dead (But charges) Question!

Reaction score
hey everyone,

So i bought a P3P at Microcenter yesterday. All looks good and i'm psyched to have the 4k over my current P3A. (and sell the P3A!)

Just had a quick question regarding the battery in the remote control.

So i know it's a LiPO battery, and that's not a good thing to let go entirely dead. I received the remote totally dead. It wouldn't display anything.

If I plug it in, it charges fine though. It's charging up right now, and is on 4 bars (and has been for some time). How long does it take to charge? Is it possible the battery was damaged because it went all the way down? The battery in the bird was at 1 notch. When I got my P3A, the remote was at 3 and the craft at 2.

Just curious!

my RC was dead when i got it as well, charged it for about 4 hours and it was fully charged. I kinda walked away though,not sure how long it actually took. my RC works fine, i dont think you will have an issue. if you do, you can always warranty it to dji.

my RC was dead when i got it as well, charged it for about 4 hours and it was fully charged. I kinda walked away though,not sure how long it actually took. my RC works fine, i dont think you will have an issue. if you do, you can always warranty it to dji.
Hmm good point

If DJI won't warranty it, it is easy to replace. Don't know the cost though.

Haven't tried it yet. I mean it turns on and functions fine, so I can't see one discharge killing it. Plus, you'd think there's some sort of fail safe similar to a Prius battery that prevents it from going all the way dead.

Turns on, charges fine (charges to 100). My p3a remote battery lasted virtually forever so if this doesn't do the same I'll contact DJI.

It's hard to see how it got discharged totally unless it's faulty.
I have a second controller and it has sat part charged for months with no change.
However if it has charged and all seems normal, some regular use will soon reveal if it has any issues.
I think it's a fair assumption it may have been in micro center stock for a while, and just discharged over time?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4