New P3P Owner

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! I've been an old school RC guy for years, had many cars, boats and planes over the years. I've always wanted a helicopter but was always afraid to invest the big $$$ and the effort in learning to fly it. I'm referring to the old school single prop ones, not the newer double prop easy fly ones ...

I started researching drones about 3 months ago and I finally picked up the DJI P3. The black Friday discount + free battery deal finally prompted me to make a move. I've quickly realized that the drone itself is just the tip of the iceberg and the accessories will end up costing almost as much as the drone. This is what I've ordered so far:

. Nanuk DJI Custom foam Hard case with combo lock (Amazing quality, fit and finish)
. UAV BITS holiday combo - Gimbal guard, gimbal clamp/lens cover, strong arm set
. 2 64G Sandisk Extreme Plus Micro SD cards
. 2 packs of extra props (Didn't realize the P3P ships with an extra set of props)
. Inspire 1 mobile device holder (I plan to use an iPad Air2, I've read this will help a lot)

I'm looking forward to getting back into this hobby and this forum is very informative and a great resource for a new owner. Are there any other must haves that I've missed?

Looking forward to my 1st flight this week. The drone and the Nanuk case are here, I'm waiting for the strong arms to arrive before I take her for her first flight.

Inspire 1 mobile device holder (I plan to use an iPad Air2, I've read this will help a lot)

Your P3P remote will have a 'mobile device holder' already installed on it - just FYI.

If you purchase a remote separately (i.e replacement, spare, etc.), I don't believe it comes with the holder (as pictures indicate in the DJI store, and elsewhere, but your original remote with the quadcopter will already have it in the P3P box.

Your P3P remote will have a 'mobile device holder' already installed on it - just FYI.

If you purchase a remote separately (i.e replacement, spare, etc.), I don't believe it comes with the holder (as pictures indicate in the DJI store, and elsewhere, but your original remote with the quadcopter will already have it in the P3P box.

Yes, I know it comes with the basic plastic one. From what I understand, the Inspire device holder is made of metal and is better at holding larger devices like the iPad Air2. I hope this is true or I just wasted $30 !

From what I understand, the Inspire device holder is made of metal and is better at holding larger devices like the iPad Air2. I hope this is true or I just wasted $30 !
This is a must-have upgrade. See the before and after when I installed it here.

Ahh - you are correct. I did not realize the difference. Interesting, and I might look into that (for the aesthetics alone!); however, for me, the original one has held my iPad Air and Air 2 just fine. I've never noticed any issues.

Well, that was a quick decision - ordered one myself. Thanks!

LOL... As I said in my initial thread, the accessories just keep adding up ! I hope I've got the basics now but I'm sure some new must have gadget will surface eventually...

Be careful. Buying accessories can be highly addictive :)

Well, yes, I do know that. I have several that I considered 'must have' for me. Fortunately, I do have a 3D printer (Replicator 2X, since available) so that helps to offset some of these and affords me customization, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31