New p3p owner question..

Reaction score
I went for my first mile flight tonight and it was great... slowly building confidence to up my distance. The question i have is towards the mile mark i would receive a weak image transmission message ..so i would stop and then go back to full bars... i never actually lost feed. And my remote signal was 100% the whole way... any tips would be appreciated.
I havent adjusted any settings at all. It was a very cloudy and windy evening and i was at about 300ft altitude. Sould i try custom channel? Lower bitrate? Higher altitude? Any suggestion would be great!

9cfd9ef5ad99d9aa00f3c5f1488aec9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
When it gives you weak signal just adjust your antenna or move yourself into a more direct path of the drone. If it's still stopping you or gets worse as you go try also adjusting altitude as well. If that still isn't working you might need to change your location so your controller has a better view of the drone, it's really important that if you go for a long distance run, you have as little obstacles as possible. And make sure you always fly with a completely fully charged battery, these guys on here will rip you a new one if you crash or lose your bird and it came down to low battery! Lol. I keep my channel on 20 and my frequency at 4.0 Mbps I've gone 4 miles without any problems. Have fun flying! Be safe!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: driehl
If you loose signal, as said, first remote controller antenna position and then try to bring it up at first (within legal range of coarse). With tree between you and your P3 nothing will go good. Then think if best is to continue or go back. Also you come at some house it seems at the most distance, they could have wifi there that disturb the link.
In good condition you should be able to do more but the environment is a key factor in reducing your range (tree, foliage, urban area (wifi), antenna (TV, cellular phones)).
You have done it right, when it starts to go wrong, go back and understand why. At some places, it is just not possible to go further without taking high risk.

Reactions: driehl
You might also look up "F" zones for some insight in to what sometimes seems like random signal dropouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get windsurfers as they are a cheap mod. Do a search in the forum. You can purchase them at Amazon. Keep in mind they will not work well if an object is blocking the signal between the antennas and ac. All they do is direct signal towards where you are pointing them. So it is important that they are facing the ac.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31