New P3P new cooling fan on 4K camera

no reason aprently with the format on pc
try to format with dji go
have you a better quality of real time image on your smart phone compar to the advanced ?
and how many is set your bitrate 4 or 10mbps?
(if you can't set it swap your smart phone to us location in setting)
thanks

I will try formatting the card from DJI Go this evening. I did not notice in difference in the real time video feed on my iPad Mini 2 but I also did not pay attention to the bitrate setting. My goal this morning was to determine if the fan was indeed working which it is. It does seem the 4K camera swap is working as designed for the most part. I just need more time to thoroughly review and configure my DJI Go software and reformat the card.

I imagine you have install the pro firmware before.
try to record in 1080P in first time
and in 4 k in second time to see if they are a difference.
if 4K bug it s a card problem
if all bug the truth is out there....

I imagine you have install the pro firmware before.
try to record in 1080P in first time
and in 4 k in second time to see if they are a difference.
if 4K bug it s a card problem
if all bug the truth is out there....

I had already installed the Pro firmware once I received the P3 back from repair. I am hopeful the choppy video is because of the card format issue. I'll have more time this weekend to test everything more thoroughly.

The choppiness is probably because your computer can't keep up with the stream. The files are large so you need a fast processor, a good video card, and lots of memory. A computer from a few years back with integrated graphics & shared video memory is prone to stuttering. This is why I think many users are better suited going with an Advanced or limiting recording to 1080.

The flight data showing is a setting in the Go app. I believe the displayed data for each video is derived from a corresponding SRT file. If you delete the SRT file the captions should go away.

DJI replaced my P3A camera with the 4K gimbal and Camera after I sent it in for service because of a camera horizon leveling issue. I had not yet tried recording in 4K until this morning. Here are my observations. The fan on the controller did not start spinning until I initiated recording in 4K while on the ground. I only flew for approximately 5 minutes but after I landed and stopped recording I noticed the fan was no longer spinning. My recording results were both bad and good. I noticed an improvement in overall clarity of video and still pictures over the prior Advanced camera. However, playback of the 4K video was extremely choppy and I kept getting flight data displayed on the video about every 10 seconds. The card I used was a brand new Sandisk Extreme 64GB card. I had tested the card yesterday for file transfer speeds and was happy with the results. File writes were around 43MB per second so I believe that should be sufficient as my understing is that the cards should be capable of 60 megabits per second which translates to 7.5MB per secind. I did just discover that I may have formatted the card using ExFat instead of formatting it in the Phantom Camera. Could that account for the choppy recording? I assume the flight data on the recording was due to a parameter set that I overlooked.

full

ok you need to find someone with a 4k TV and card reader on
or Apple MAc 4k you can test it in computer shop you put the movie on usb card and test directly on big pc or apple 4k.

The choppiness is probably because your computer can't keep up with the stream. The files are large so you need a fast processor, a good video card, and lots of memory. A computer from a few years back with integrated graphics & shared video memory is prone to stuttering. This is why I think many users are better suited going with an Advanced or limiting recording to 1080.

The flight data showing is a setting in the Go app. I believe the displayed data for each video is derived from a corresponding SRT file. If you delete the SRT file the captions should go away.

You were right about the SRT files. I deleted them from my hard drive and the data went away. I should have plenty of horsepower to play the video. My system is about a year and a half old and was a custom build with 8 core AMD processor, 16GB Ram and a Radeon 7800 series graphics card. I have played 4K video from a sports camera (although it is a cheaper and lower quality Dragonfly 6S It records in a 4:3 format and interpolates to 4K). It could be a codec issue I suppose but I'll just have to methodically work through the issue. I'll start with formatting the card in the DJI Go app and record samples in all resolutions between 1080P and 4K to see where the threshold is. In the end I do not need to record in 4K. I just wanted to verify that I truly had the capability if the need arose. I know many people advocate recording in 4K and downconverting to 1080P with better results than if shot in native 1080P.

You were right about the SRT files. I deleted them from my hard drive and the data went away. I should have plenty of horsepower to play the video. My system is about a year and a half old and was a custom build with 8 core AMD processor, 16GB Ram and a Radeon 7800 series graphics card. I have played 4K video from a sports camera (although it is a cheaper and lower quality Dragonfly 6S It records in a 4:3 format and interpolates to 4K). It could be a codec issue I suppose but I'll just have to methodically work through the issue. I'll start with formatting the card in the DJI Go app and record samples in all resolutions between 1080P and 4K to see where the threshold is. In the end I do not need to record in 4K. I just wanted to verify that I truly had the capability if the need arose. I know many people advocate recording in 4K and downconverting to 1080P with better results than if shot in native 1080P.

I had the same problem with 4k video on my very recent and powerful Wintel machine. The fix for me was to use VLC for video playback. The video players that are intergrated into Windows did not handle the 4k video well. VLC is a great free video player.

I had the same problem with 4k video on my very recent and powerful Wintel machine. The fix for me was to use VLC for video playback. The video players that are intergrated into Windows did not handle the 4k video well. VLC is a great free video player.

You are right. I previously had trouble trying to use Windows Media Player and Quicktime. WMP was a no go altogether and Quicktime was choppy. I installed VLC and it worked great. The videos I was testing with before were from a knockoff Chinese Go Pro clone camera. The video from that camera is advertised as 4K 30fps but is actually 2880x2160 (4:3) which is not full 4K. Anyway, I still believe I have the hardware to play true 4K except my monitor so it should play in a full screen 1080 window.

The fan on the controller did not start spinning until I initiated recording in 4K while on the ground. I only flew for approximately 5 minutes but after I landed and stopped recording I noticed the fan was no longer spinning.

The fan on the controller or the gimbal?

You are right. I previously had trouble trying to use Windows Media Player and Quicktime. WMP was a no go altogether and Quicktime was choppy. I installed VLC and it worked great. The videos I was testing with before were from a knockoff Chinese Go Pro clone camera. The video from that camera is advertised as 4K 30fps but is actually 2880x2160 (4:3) which is not full 4K. Anyway, I still believe I have the hardware to play true 4K except my monitor so it should play in a full screen 1080 window.

OK, I did some testing on the computer that I have been using to view my P3H (Hybrid) 4K video and I am sure I have sufficient power to play true 4K video. I downloaded some sample 4K clips that were recorded by Professional 4K cameras at high bit rates. I believe they exceed what the Phantom creates and I was able to play them in VLC and/or Quicktime with no issues. This impies the source videos recorded by my Phantom have significant frame loss and is the reason for the choppy playback. I'll have to figure out if the problem is my Sandisk Extreme card or the camera/gimbal hardware. I'll report back once I come to a conclusion. Thanks to all who have provided input.

OK, I did some testing on the computer that I have been using to view my P3H (Hybrid) 4K video and I am sure I have sufficient power to play true 4K video. I downloaded some sample 4K clips that were recorded by Professional 4K cameras at high bit rates. I believe they exceed what the Phantom creates and I was able to play them in VLC and/or Quicktime with no issues. This impies the source videos recorded by my Phantom have significant frame loss and is the reason for the choppy playback. I'll have to figure out if the problem is my Sandisk Extreme card or the camera/gimbal hardware. I'll report back once I come to a conclusion. Thanks to all who have provided input.

to help you can you put your video 4K on youtube?

Définitlty this is the pictures of motherboar of phantom 3 adv and pro side by side.
adv et pro .jpg

OK. You were right to question that.
Watching the cached video on my PC screen, the P3P camera definitely gives a better image.
There is a sort of scanning effect on the P3A on complex images.
I've just tested the bitrate of various cached files with VLC and MediaInfo, for:
> P3A
> P3P with EU auto setting
>P3P with US min and max bitrates.
MediaInfo summaries attached.
First surprise is that the frame rate goes up from 25fps on the P3A to 30fps on the P3P (its apparently using US NTSC codec for that).

I think those Min and Max quality settings might be ceilings for a variable bitrate stream.
I only tested on a simple static scene, and as you can see, I did not get the bitrates I had set to.
Better repeat the check on a complex moving screen to see whether the bitrate increases to the set value.
Anyway I'm off to Paris first thing in the morning, so end of playtime.
I can send links to the various cached files at the weekend if you want to see for yourself using VirtualDub.
But certainly I would expect the video quality with FPV goggles to be much better with the P3P camera.
I guess the stepping effect I was seeing on live feed using P3P with iPad Mini was just View attachment 40238 the graphics limitation of the iPad.

HAVE YOU UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF THE REMOTE CONTROLER IN PRO VERSION?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20