New P3P new cooling fan on 4K camera

Some users have commented that the fan is only held on by two screws.
The reason could be that the holes in the casing are two different sizes.
In fact I noticed that the screws in mine were loose to the touch.
I found they were designed for the smaller pair of holes but were fitted to the larger holes.
And without any studlock to retain them either.

Hello
have you solve your problem with change you r adv camera by a 4k camera?
have you now 10mps in streaming video live?
thanks

Bonjour did3d,
Oui, j'ai i remplacé la caméra, mais.....I don't believe it has changed the live video feed rate.
When I rotate the Phantom I can see that the transmitted image moves in small steps (but of course the recorded video, does not - it is smooth).
The steps are just the same whether I have the slider set to minimum (4Mbps) or maximum (10Mbps).

Even to access this slider I have to change the Region on my iPad to USA. That is a tip I read somewhere on this forum.
If the Region is UK (or even France) then there is no access to the Custom settings on the 'Image Transmission Setting' page.

ha ok
Bonjour did3d,
Oui, j'ai i remplacé la caméra, mais.....I don't believe it has changed the live video feed rate.
When I rotate the Phantom I can see that the transmitted image moves in small steps (but of course the recorded video, does not - it is smooth).
The steps are just the same whether I have the slider set to minimum (4Mbps) or maximum (10Mbps).

Even to access this slider I have to change the Region on my iPad to USA. That is a tip I read somewhere on this forum.
If the Region is UK (or even France) then there is no access to the Custom settings on the 'Image Transmission Setting' page.

ok i understand I now the system to change smartphone to US to access at the setting .
but I will hope that the quality of streaming would be better with 4k camera I m Desapointed , my video live is too poor to fly fpv with goggle
I see no issue with my new phantom Adv....
have you compar the bytrate of cache video on your tablette ? it s the own way to see if the bitrate is increase.

Some users have commented that the fan is only held on by two screws.
The reason could be that the holes in the casing are two different sizes.
In fact I noticed that the screws in mine were loose to the touch.
I found they were designed for the smaller pair of holes but were fitted to the larger holes.
And without any studlock to retain them either.

it me again.
is it posiible to send me a little sample of your cache video 1 - 10 sec to check the bitrate in .mp4 in virtualDub (info)
thanks

With the Chicken,
Yes, they are definitely all threaded, to different sizes, and the holes are set to a different pitch.
Obviously DJI wanted to be able to fit two different fan specs.
Screws.JPG

And while we are looking at this complex little box, who knows what this odd label is for on the bottom side, just above the camera.
Label.JPG

This one has an orange tab, but on my other camera it is completely clear, so not so easy to notice.
Maybe intended as handy place to write some User ID without marking the Phantom itself. But if so, why not say so in the manual?

Attachments

• Label.JPG
    Label.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 327
With the Chicken,
Yes, they are definitely all threaded, to different sizes, and the holes are set to a different pitch.
Obviously DJI wanted to be able to fit two different fan specs.
View attachment 40233

And while we are looking at this complex little box, who knows what this odd label is for on the bottom side, just above the camera.
View attachment 40234
This one has an orange tab, but on my other camera it is completely clear, so not so easy to notice.
Maybe intended as handy place to write some User ID without marking the Phantom itself. But if so, why not say so in the manual?
I dont know, maybe you ciuld.put a drop of water on it and see if it turns red... could be a telltale to see if the component has been in water.

it me again.
is it posiible to send me a little sample of your cache video 1 - 10 sec to check the bitrate in .mp4 in virtualDub (info)
thanks
OK. You were right to question that.
Watching the cached video on my PC screen, the P3P camera definitely gives a better image.
There is a sort of scanning effect on the P3A on complex images.
I've just tested the bitrate of various cached files with VLC and MediaInfo, for:
> P3A
> P3P with EU auto setting
>P3P with US min and max bitrates.
MediaInfo summaries attached.
First surprise is that the frame rate goes up from 25fps on the P3A to 30fps on the P3P (its apparently using US NTSC codec for that).

I think those Min and Max quality settings might be ceilings for a variable bitrate stream.
I only tested on a simple static scene, and as you can see, I did not get the bitrates I had set to.
Better repeat the check on a complex moving screen to see whether the bitrate increases to the set value.
Anyway I'm off to Paris first thing in the morning, so end of playtime.
I can send links to the various cached files at the weekend if you want to see for yourself using VirtualDub.
But certainly I would expect the video quality with FPV goggles to be much better with the P3P camera.
I guess the stepping effect I was seeing on live feed using P3P with iPad Mini was just
Live bitrates.jpg
the graphics limitation of the iPad.

Reactions: did3d
Interesting how the P3A bit rate is variable but the P3P is constant.

Yes. Doesn't fit with my suggestion that the P3P bitrates might increase with a changing scene does it. In
So I don't know why my quality slider worked but didn't reach the bitrates written on the slider. (Whereas I saw the P3A bitrates going above the stated 2Mps several times during my cached video).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The piece of plastic with orange tab is for the stock gimbal lock. It protects the silver part from being scratched and to slide easier. I removed the sticker since I use another style lock.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Watching the cached video on my PC screen, the P3P camera definitely gives a better image.
I've just tested the bitrate of various cached files with VLC and MediaInfo, for:
> P3A
First surprise is that the frame rate goes up from 25fps on the P3A to 30fps on the P3P (its apparently using US NTSC codec for that).

I think those Min and Max quality settings might be ceilings for a variable bitrate stream.
I only tested on a simple static scene, and as you can see, I did not get the bitrates I had set to.
Better repeat the check on a complex moving screen to see whether the bitrate increases to the set value.
I can send links to the various cached files at the weekend if you want to see for yourself using VirtualDub.
But certainly I would expect the video quality with FPV goggles to be much better with the P3P camera.
I guess the stepping effect I was seeing on live feed using P3P with iPad Mini was just View attachment 40238 the graphics limitation of the iPad.

Hey good job man!
I m glad to see the différences on the info of files .
but the best test is to see o video like mine juste turn you camera up and down early. and stop and again. with this record we see easily the artefact.
Ntsc is the best setting anyway.
2 second point is the price of the camera 4K 520€ !!!!!
I try to sale my Adv for 890 € with hardshell.
I find a Ph3pro at 950€.
I write to DJI to ask them if its possible to swap camera the answer:

Anne (DJI)

Jan 13, 20:05

Dear Sir

We do not suggest you to do the install.

Best Regards,

no more explication.... thanks dji
I am afraid that it suppresses the compatibility in the update of firmWare.

(sorry for my bad english, bonne chance pour Paris ;-)

> P3A

I guess the stepping effect I was seeing on live feed using P3P with iPad Mini was just View attachment 40238 the graphics limitation of the iPad.

??is what it is worth to change the camera for the quality of live??

Hey good job man!
I m glad to see the différences on the info of files .
but the best test is to see o video like mine juste turn you camera up and down early. and stop and again. with this record we see easily the artefact.
Ntsc is the best setting anyway.
2 second point is the price of the camera 4K 520€ !!!!!
I try to sale my Adv for 890 € with hardshell.
I find a Ph3pro at 950€.
I write to DJI to ask them if its possible to swap camera the answer:

Anne (DJI)

Jan 13, 20:05

Dear Sir

We do not suggest you to do the install.

Best Regards,

no more explication.... thanks dji
I am afraid that it suppresses the compatibility in the update of firmWare.

(sorry for my bad english, bonne chance pour Paris ;-)
DJI wrote the same to me. I think it is only commercial speak. Otherwise they would give an explanation. They see they will not be able to fool us much longer that the difference between the Advanced and Pro is just extra chips on the video card and a $2 fan. I think that Hunch has more than a hunch that this is true....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile apps aid the

Last edited:
DJI wrote the same to me. I think it is only commercial speak. Otherwise they would give an explanation. They see they will not be able to fool us much longer that the difference between the Advanced and Pro is just extra chips on the video card and a $2 fan. I think that Hunch has more than a hunch that this is true....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile apps aid the

Yes i am agree.
have you resolve your problem with the Fan ? is it work now?
thanks Andy you help me well.

After lot insist message to dji they answer that this day:

Anne (DJI)

Jan 14, 15:56

Dear Didier

I have confirmed with the senior technician that, the gimbal could be switched.
But there is a furthur step you need to pay attention to, please kindly read the information below:
If you are going to install a Phantom 3 Pro gimbal on a Phantom 3 Adv , please remember to replace the Phantom 3 Adv firmware with Phantom 3 Pro firmware . You'll just need to download the Phantom 3 Pro firmware and do it as a usual upgrade . Here's the link to Phantom 3 Pro firmware version 1.6.4 : http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.zip

After upgrading, the drone would be Phantom 3 Professional instead of Phantom 3 Advance.

Best Regards

interesting no Its the first time they admits that it is possible.
Question the new Fan is White or black ?thanks

this link proov that adv and pro body are same:
DJI Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Aircraft w/Motors (Aircraft Only) (Part 34) [DJI-PH3-P34] | Parts - AMain Performance Hobbies

and the cam module:
DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4K Camera w/Gimbal (Part 5) [DJI-PH3-P5] | Parts - AMain Performance Hobbies

Last edited:
> P3A

I will glad if you transfer me the sample in max quality possible by wetransfer (WeTransfer) on my mail [email protected]
thank a lot !!
you save my advanced

Thanks Andy you are a huge help. I'm thinking 1 of 2 things here... 1. The P3A cannot control the P3P gimbal fan even after flashing the P3P firmware or 2. You have a defective gimbal fan.

If anyone here has installed a P3P gimbal on a P3A, can you please comment on whether your gimbal fan works?

DJI replaced my P3A camera with the 4K gimbal and Camera after I sent it in for service because of a camera horizon leveling issue. I had not yet tried recording in 4K until this morning. Here are my observations. The fan on the controller did not start spinning until I initiated recording in 4K while on the ground. I only flew for approximately 5 minutes but after I landed and stopped recording I noticed the fan was no longer spinning. My recording results were both bad and good. I noticed an improvement in overall clarity of video and still pictures over the prior Advanced camera. However, playback of the 4K video was extremely choppy and I kept getting flight data displayed on the video about every 10 seconds. The card I used was a brand new Sandisk Extreme 64GB card. I had tested the card yesterday for file transfer speeds and was happy with the results. File writes were around 43MB per second so I believe that should be sufficient as my understing is that the cards should be capable of 60 megabits per second which translates to 7.5MB per secind. I did just discover that I may have formatted the card using ExFat instead of formatting it in the Phantom Camera. Could that account for the choppy recording? I assume the flight data on the recording was due to a parameter set that I overlooked.

full

no reason aprently with the format on pc
try to format with dji go
have you a better quality of real time image on your smart phone compar to the advanced ?
and how many is set your bitrate 4 or 10mbps?
(if you can't set it swap your smart phone to us location in setting)
thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr