New P3P here...Camera Help Please

Reaction score
I just picked up a new P3P from Microcenter last weekend. I have finally got a chance to do some testing this weekend. I seem to be having problems with the video. When shooting video in 4K or 2.7k I am getting a washed out picture on replay. I have tried a couple of different settings and it doesn't seem to change.

Also when doing playback on my computer the video is very choppy but playback from the bird on my IPad mini is okay.

I came from a P2V+ and never had these kinds of issues with the camera. It was basically point and shoot with no problems.

This is a little disappointing so far but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The camera and software on the P3P are good.

2.7K or 4K video is too intense for many computers to play directly without stuttering, unless you have a high-powered machine.

Are you uploading the video to your computer's hard drive before trying to play it? Or are you playing it from the card (in a reader) or even from the Phantom via cable?

Best to upload it first. Then if it still stutters, use an editing program to compress it to 1080 or 720, at least so you can view it.

In reality, unless you intend to watch your videos on a 4K TV, 1080 is fine. Shoot and edit your videos in 2.7K, so you can edit and crop them. Then render the final versions in a Vimeo/YouTube compatible 1080 or 720 version.

Then as you move forward, you'll still have the 4K capability as you upgrade your equipment over time.

Thanks guys. The replies really helped. I'm just getting into the higher end video and editing. With the P2V+ I just did basic point and shoot. Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions once I get a little deeper into this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4