New p3p has wonky motors

OMG, mine are tilted anticlockwise. Did I get a Australian version of the P3? Will it fly in the northern hemisphere?

1449399163492.jpg

Tilting a motor will create two forces: one to lift up and second to move sideways. Sideways force is good for its stabilization and quicker responses. No doubt a smaller part of the efficiency will be lost but aircraft need not tilt to stabilize it self. Complete system response is affected by it. It's a novice concept and shows DJI has smart aerodynamic engineers.

I was more disconcerted because they're not tilted at all on my P2v+.......and I couldn't find any earlier posts about this.

n6vmo gets a gold star. Mine in fact do tilt anti clockwise from above! That's the best bit of genuineness to reassure me, but thanks to you all. The forum works!

I was more disconcerted because they're not tilted at all on my P2v+.......and I couldn't find any earlier posts about this.
When the P2V+ came out it was very easy to get Vortex Ring State by descending too quickly it starts to fall through its own turbulence.
In later firmware they reduced the risk by slowing the maximum possible descent rate.
It was (and is) still advisable to avoid descending straight down especially on calm days.

With the offset motors, DJI were able to increase the descent speed 50% above the 2 m/s of the P2.
VRS is a thing of the past for P3 owners - something from the P2 era.
I don't think there have been any posts reporting VRS incidents for P3s.
I've tested mine descending from height full speed in still air and it's quite safe.
Many others have reported the same.

Reactions: SirAchie
I crashed my p2 due to vrs. Certainly don't want that again. Pleased to learn from you p3 vets!

Just got a new P3P and noticed the exact same thing. It was sitting on the table and just caught my eye. Glad to see its normal !

Whatever for?
There are dozens of posts with new owners asking the same question.
And lots of experienced owners always answering that this is by design.
Asking for pictures of this is totally pointless when it's such a well known feature.
It's like asking for pictures to show that a Phantom has 4 arms and they are white.

Wait a minute, this Phantom supposed to have 4 arms??

If thats the case, i must have the old model with the old motors, mine has 3 arms??!! I wondered why it was so hard to fly when everyone says its easy!?!Great now it's guaranteed cracking i bet!! Should i mail it back?

If thats the case, i must have the old model with the old motors, mine has 3 arms??!! I wondered why it was so hard to fly when everyone says its easy!?!Great now it's guaranteed cracking i bet!! Should i mail it back?
Fly the hell out of it til the first crack then send it in[emoji41]

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That is a design developed to overcome ground effects when hovering close to ground or landing. By changing the angel you increase stability.

Bought a brand new p3p today. Unboxed it and went to put the props on when I noticed the motors not sitting square in the arms. Someone please tell me if this is normal? I'm trying to conact the supplier but getting no response currently, but I assume the motors shoukd be completely vertical snd the props exactly horizontal....Yes?
The P3P has designed the motor placement to tilt intentionally... past units created cavitation with thrust going straight down... the new tilted motors direct thrust at other than normal incident angles and you won't get that sudden drop when landing on a solid surface... do not try to change those angles... it's an improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers