New P3P firmware

Reaction score
Hello to All,
I just got my P3P Thursday and the weather has been cold and snowy and rainy.
I posted a thread because my new drone would lose signal very close to me 150 yards out.
And if I took it up to around 150 yards. So I checked everything I could find online,, Antenna angles, User mode wasn't in beginner,,,etc... I found the 32 channel hack and applied it ,, now I can fly quite far out and have had it to 500 ft. But since the hack it now says firmware error please check for updates. It flys better than it ever has so i ignore the message and fly.
Anyone else seeing this with the new copters and the new firmware?

Thanks
Robert NOOB

I get a firmware upgrade notice every time I fly.... because I do not intend to upgrade past 1.4 in the near future... I just ignore it. This may or may not be the same "error" you are getting.

Where are you flying??? The P3P should be able to fly MUCH further than that - like 5000+ feet.... ARE you perhaps in an RF crowded environment?

When you did the 32 ch mod are you still on "auto" or are you on manual channel selection? If on auto it will still scan only those original "stock" channels, not all 32 channels - you must manually select another channel. In my area I've never had good luck with the auto channel feature.... much better looking at the available channels and selecting the best one.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply. No I'm in a rural area. .10 miles from any city with more than 2000 people. There are cellular towers working within my 3 mile area.I tried to use on custom but lost signal.. I went back to auto to get it home. I have only made a dozen flights so I'm still new. But it loses signal 600 feet straight up. . And the absolute farthest ever out was 2368 ft .I researched my purchase and one of the main reasons for getting the p3p was distance.. but they have me strapped. I'm going to call them this weekend and tell them I'm not happy.
I tried to find older versions of firmware online but could not find any. you would think DJI would have a page with every version available for download. Thanks again for your help.
ROBERT

I am having the same video loss problem at very short distance. In addition, I can select video channels manually only when using my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone but not when using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet even though they both have the same DJI-Go app version installed (2.5.1 I think). Anyone knows why?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31