New P3P Arrived Today But . . .

Reaction score
I don't seem to be able to turn the remote controller off. I charged the unit but the on/off button remains lit and doesn't turning anything off. As a result, I'm getting a series of beeps every minute or so. If I hit pretty much an control, the beeping stops for another minute. Controller shows left red LED plus four white LED's and the on/off buttons remains illuminated. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Does the switch 'feel' like it is engaging? If the TX is not connected to the charging source and you have switched it off and the light is still on it may have arrived broken.

You really should read the manual. To turn the controller on/off, first you must single press then a long press.

Press the power button once then again for a few seconds, the same when powering on the battery.

First off - you should read the manual before you go out for a flight. This detail along with many other fine details are ALL in the manual.

To quickly answer your question so you can turn the beeping off in order to focus better reading - press the power button/let go then press and hold the power button a second time within 2 seconds to turn the remote off.

Happy flying!!

Reactions: Tallyrver
I only get the battery level on my RC with a single power button press.
It takes two to tango, or turn it on. ;-)
So sadly those instruction are mistaken.

RedHotPoker

Please understand that I am a charter member of the RTFM brigade and telling me to read the manual is . . . whoops, there goes the beeping again.

Reactions: Reed L and LuvMyTJ
I only get the battery level on my RC with a single power button press.
It takes two to tango, or turn it on. ;-)
So sadly those instruction are mistaken.

RedHotPoker
DJI has forsaken me with their incorrect instructions! :eek::mad:
Just as well it works that way as it seems I want to do the ole 'double push' on all buttons I push these days out of habit! :)

Where did you acquire this defective kit?
Can you return it, exchange it, get a setup that works?

That is rather cold, winter or not, getting a unit that is on the fritz.

RedHotPoker

Press the power button once then again for a few seconds, the same when powering on the battery.
Funny thing is, I catch myself doing the same routine on non Phantom items out of habit. :confused:

DJI has forsaken me with their incorrect instructions! :eek::mad:
Just as well it works that way as it seems I want to do the ole 'double push' on all buttons I push these days out of habit! :)
Eh man, you of all people here, should know, they frequently print bad copy.
I believe it's a fault of the translations. Or just poor English.

Even my computer mice are now single punch. Sadly only Half the excercise.

RedHotPoker

Just guessing but have you hooked it up to the DJI GO app? Maybe it will give you a clue?

Also, I believe if you just leave it alone it will self power off.... you can try that as well.

Funny thing is, I catch myself doing the same routine on non Phantom items out of habit. :confused:
Please do Remove the baking disc upon your bean. ;-)
Let it breath free again up in there...
So, what's cooking, with you today? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Have you tried a hard reset with the C2 button, RTH button and the camera shutter button method?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic