New P3A Which FW to use?

Reaction score
My new P3A is showing "out for delivery" from UPS, can't wait for it to arrive and yes I look out the window every time I hear a vehicle slow down.

My question is which firmware should I upgrade to assuming it doesn't have the latest already installed. I have been reading about a lot of problems with 1.8.80, here and on DJI's site. It seems that some (not all) can't connect, have limited range, or connection drops with the newest. I'm guessing there is a bug in it that is causing some of these problems. Would 1.7 be the best to install until this is worked out by DJI? I would really hate to be locked out and have to send it in for repairs before it's maiden voyage. Also, I read that once you upgrade to 1.8.80, there is no downgrading with the P3A only. Not sure why DJI would stop you from downgrading on the P3A but allow it on the P3P.

There does not appear to be any problems with latest firmware.

Only issue is where people have NOT updated both the RC & drone, as the new firmware adds extra encryption, so both must be done at same time.

I personally would install 1.8 since I prefer to use the most recent release after it's known to be stable. However, any version but 1.5 is technically okay to use. Check out the release notes if you want to see what was changed in each firmware release.

Thank you. I think I will go with 1.8.80. I will also make sure I follow the upgrade guide step by step.

Dammit! Where is UPS???:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: sonof40
If you are using an iOS device there is a bug in latest iOS that the camera does not connect correctly.

(You do have to activate the drone before the camera will work anyhow, and will hang limp until you have logged in using dji go and named /activated drone).

So soon as you get your drone activate BEFORE doing any updates and confirm drone works correctly.

If you do get iOS glitch you have to perform a recovery reinstall of your iOS software.
How to put your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode

I have an ipad mini but from what I have read it isn't fast enough to reliably use. All of my other devices are android. I have an Asus Zenpad S 8.0 that will hopefully work fine, and I also have my phone, a Samsung Galaxy 5 Active. My plan is to make the Zenpad my dedicated device provided it works properly.

Thank you for the iOS heads-up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20