New P3 World Record 8.065 miles

was explained like this in a Webinar by one of the Vendors-- The 8% discharge is intended to recalibrate the Smart Battery. Those individual cell readings is telemetry obtained from the Smart Battery circuit. They recommended flying the P3 down to 20 % and landing it. Take the battery out and let it cool down. Take the props off the P3 and let the battery discharge to 8% idling.

So- is idling when the props r spinning but not taking off? Or is idling just being powered on.?

Don't need the video clips, ask for *.txt flight file. This file including this trip contains. To me, a fake "WR".
UnknownCaller is for real. I have 3rd party authentication of him and his accomplishments from FPVCustoms, and I have the same new antenna modded transmitter with the boosters on its way to me now! I'm keeping my original stock 2.8 mile range transmitter unmodded. New one should be here Monday! :cool:

Last edited:
was explained like this in a Webinar by one of the Vendors-- The 8% discharge is intended to recalibrate the Smart Battery. Those individual cell readings is telemetry obtained from the Smart Battery circuit. They recommended flying the P3 down to 20 % and landing it. Take the battery out and let it cool down. Take the props off the P3 and let the battery discharge to 8% idling.

So- is idling when the props r spinning but not taking off? Or is idling just being powered on.?
Idling is with the motors running, and if you only turn the battery on, and leave it on, or just access the micro SD card from the transmitter in the app, it will also slowly drain the battery down to 8%, because it is still actively waiting for CSC.

How do you attach a 11.1 volt battery to a 15.2 volt battery? Am I missing something?
All I know is that that two 1300's are used in the mod, wired into a stock battery, and those 1300's can be swapped out for 1600, 1800, or 2200's. I'll know more, once they are "officially" available in a week or two!:cool:

Thanks for the clarification!:cool:
It's actually a pretty good idea to do the mod in the battery itself if something happens and you want to go back to stock all you had to do is remove the tray battery brackets from under the gear and you're done back to stock. Not to mention by having an inside the battery you no longer have to send your drone and be without it. I'm going to try one myself with my other p3

It's actually a pretty good idea to do the mod in the battery itself if something happens and you want to go back to stock all you had to do is remove the tray battery brackets from under the gear and you're done back to stock. Not to mention by having an inside the battery you no longer have to send your drone and be without it. I'm going to try one myself with my other p3
Those were my thoughts as well! Only downside is you have to buy another modded battery to keep the extra capacity, instead of swapping out already owned stock batteries (I have 4 already) and the extra externally mounted batteries with fully charged ones. I can live with that. Not every flight requires the extra juice.:cool:

I want to send one of my copters out for this work, both battery mod and FPVLR V2 antenna mod. Anyone know of someone who does both of these.. turn-key?

I want to send one of my copters out for this work, both battery mod and FPVLR V2 antenna mod. Anyone know of someone who does both of these.. turn-key?
Paul did all mine he's a really good guy he works hard to keep your business even after the sale if you have any problems with your equipment or questions he's always there to help.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm happy with my stock P3 with windsurfer. 2 miles is all I would need; and 20 minute flights are long enough IMO.

I don't really understand the contest for farthest distance... What's the point? Is there some special thing there you want to photograph? Or just to show off/ compensate for something? ;)

I'm happy with my stock P3 with windsurfer. 2 miles is all I would need; and 20 minute flights are long enough IMO.

I don't really understand the contest for farthest distance... What's the point? Is there some special thing there you want to photograph? Or just to show off/ compensate for something? ;)

Battery life is one of my biggest issues for the kind of videos I do. I'm looking into doing this mod myself on one of my P3's. It takes up to 30% of the battery just to get to the target on some of my shots. I would love to be able to spend more time once there to explore instead of worrying about the automatic RTH interrupting a shot (which happens frequently).

Here is an example:

Reactions: ScatSpeak

I really don't care what you think or don't understand I do what I do because it's fun.

Reactions: DroneBruh
Does anyone have links to step by step instructions on doing any of the battery mods?

I remember for the Phantom 2, some users that modded the battery with additional capacity wrote that the pilot app did not calibrate to indicate it - i.e. app still shows that you are flying a regular 5200mAh battery.Once it arrived at 10% (can't remember exactly what it was) it would just stick there for a while before dropping.
Is this not the case anymore on the P3? Is the Pilot app showing the increased estimated flight time once you've flown full packs and it has calibrated to the additional capacity?

But 300$ for soldering 2 cables is a real ripoff. Lipos cost 20$, carbon plates 10$. So more than 250$ just for the mod ??
There is more to it than just that. You've over simplified the complete process from receiving the craft to returning it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20